Working your way up.

705red

Browncafe Steward
At the end of the day you think you know more than i do! remember i can do your job, its obvious that you cant do my job!

hyena

How about this? 15 years with the company, former driver, 4 years as an OnRoad. At the end of the day, I get paid to know more than you do.
Yea but at the end of the day we all go to our own homes not mommy and daddys. Lay off the power trip. Youll get what you deserve eventually!

SuperSup

At the end of the day you think you know more than i do! remember i can do your job, its obvious that you cant do my job!

No, at the end of the day, I've done your job, and probably quite a bit better than you. You've NEVER done my job, and I doubt that you could. It's easy to spout Teamster rhetoric, because you have somebody else feeding you your lines. I wanted to better myself, and prove that I could think for myself. Are there things about this company that I disagree with? Of course there are. But I still go in every day, and do my job without complaint. It's whiny pissants like you, who wouldn't have a job if they were based on performance instead of seniority, that are the one bad thing about this company. I'm in a medium size center, with no other management (other than three p/t sups), and I average mid 90s on the ERI, so my drivers, who are hard working and appreciate the job, think that I'm doing all right by them. Chill out, and remember this: If your job sucks so much, be a man and leave, instead of accepting a (very nice) paycheck and bitching all the way to the bank.

New Englander

No, at the end of the day, I've done your job, and probably quite a bit better than you. You've NEVER done my job, and I doubt that you could. It's easy to spout Teamster rhetoric, because you have somebody else feeding you your lines. I wanted to better myself, and prove that I could think for myself. Are there things about this company that I disagree with? Of course there are. But I still go in every day, and do my job without complaint. It's whiny pissants like you, who wouldn't have a job if they were based on performance instead of seniority, that are the one bad thing about this company. I'm in a medium size center, with no other management (other than three p/t sups), and I average mid 90s on the ERI, so my drivers, who are hard working and appreciate the job, think that I'm doing all right by them. Chill out, and remember this: If your job sucks so much, be a man and leave, instead of accepting a (very nice) paycheck and bitching all the way to the bank.

Your still an on-road correct?

STFU, Corporate has eliminated any real teeth from your job. Part-timers now do dispatch. You guys essentially do the busy body work.

You ride drivers.....train drivers on area knowledge and follow up with drivers who keep showing up on the "bad" reports.

I know I know...it's real tough to be an on-road!

chev

Nightcrawler
How about this? 15 years with the company, former driver, 4 years as an OnRoad. At the end of the day, I get paid to know more than you do.
How about this. You are an arrogant prick who think his feces smells of roses just because he has decided to bleed brown. There are other sups on here that don't have "jerk off" attitudes. Why are you so bitter towards hourly employees if you were one once? Did your mommy not breast feed you? You name in itself is arrogant. You should change it to superJERK

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

Right, and you don't have lines fed to you? Your division and district managers who sit behind there computers and look at numbers all day long dictate your everyday actions. Ask anyone who's worked at UPS 15 years and not become a manager if the job is even remotely as easy as it was when they started and invariably they'll say hell no. And your first paragraph makes you sound like your conceited. Wether you are or not I don't know, but your coming across a little jerky.

chev

Nightcrawler

I knew it. He thinks he is a Management God because he is top wienie in his piss-ant center. In the end you are really the whiny bitch that came on here spouting your "holier than thou" attitude. So big fat hairy deal. You decided to suck the skin off the company sausage because you feel you are SOOOO much more educated than the rest of us. Well let me tell you this, you insignificant turd ball. There are a hell of a lot of hourly employees with the same or better education than you have, but choose to work where they do because they actually LIKE their job. So go take your salad tossing from your 3 little part time supervisors and get off your high horse. No one here is impressed by your rants. It just makes you look like the anal probe that you really are. :wink2:

705red

Browncafe Steward

I have a job here because i provide a service to the customer, and yes you are right i do not make your imaginary numbers, i work at a consistent brisk pace all day. I work by the methods and safely. I have no say in what the bonus gods do, today the bonus god gives the bonus to those that he wants and i must not be favorable in the bonus gods eyes.

But i will tell you that i get paid for every minute that i work and i can more than live with it. The reason people complain is simple, your a perfect example. You go into management to change the world with good intentions than you realize you cant.

How come you big bad sups never tell ie to pound sand and add a couple extra routes to let your drivers get done early and go spend some time with the family? How come you big bad sups never wait for the last driver to get in at night? Whats the matter too many hours for ya?

You want to discuss topics that's fine, but i really doubt your drivers like you if this is your everyday attitude!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

why feed the troll?

with the name supersup its pretty apparent he/she has a obscene grandiose opinion of themselves, probably unknowingly and without thought....unhealthy...that is just the beginning of it I'm sure, but why find out.

flip33

So.... I thought I would give everyone an update on my original post before supers**** opened his dirty mouth. Today while unloading with one of the 20 year guys. I had asked him " so where is the new guy"? "I haven't seen him in 4 days"? He told me that management didn't have a spot to put him. Ive been working everyday by the way since I started. which I really appreciate. We ended up talking about " working your way to other jobs in the facility. I asked " don't you have to work your way up to get into another job here"? He said yes. I asked then why is it that the newer guy was doing it before me? He said he asked the same question. and stated that he had told our sup that I should of been doing that. And I said " So I pretty much got screwed then"? He said yea. He also said theres nothing I can do about it until I get seniority. I guess my point is that I'm still a little upset about it. I know to some people it may not seem like a big deal but when your treated unfairly... it just really gets you down. Starts to make you wonder if maybe I'm doing something wrong to not get that opportunity. I served in Iraq for a year and 4 months and counting the time I trained to go there away from home I was gone for 2 months shy of 2 years straight. And to be treated this way just really has me down. I want to be pissed off and say something but I wont. I'll keep working my ass off because thats who I am. I'll just suck it up and drive on. Nothing new. Thanks everybody for the great advice...except super******.:peaceful:

Last edited by a moderator:

dillweed

I knew it. He thinks he is a Management God because he is top wienie in his piss-ant center. In the end you are really the whiny bitch that came on here spouting your "holier than thou" attitude. So big fat hairy deal. You decided to suck the skin off the company sausage because you feel you are SOOOO much more educated than the rest of us. Well let me tell you this, you insignificant turd ball. There are a hell of a lot of hourly employees with the same or better education than you have, but choose to work where they do because they actually LIKE their job. So go take your salad tossing from your 3 little part time supervisors and get off your high horse. No one here is impressed by your rants. It just makes you look like the anal probe that you really are. :wink2:

I'm not reading any further. No matter what, don't come in and call nasty names. Shows what you are.

evilleace

Moving up is all based on seniority my friend as far as you preloading in my center the ones who are bad unloaders are usually moved to preload, which still pays a dollar more and hour here but everyone I talk to says it is not worth the extra dollar that is why I haven't done it and as far as preload being a step up I see it as a lateral move not a move up.

UPSNewbie

I hear they now have a cure for Rectal-Cranial Intrusion.