Wrestlemania

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by tourists24, Apr 3, 2011.

1. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I am being true to my redneck culture tonight. Am watching Wrestlemania with my 10 year old boy..... lol

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

CMA later tonight

3. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Have fun and enjoy, you deserve it

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would also be watching it but am too cheap to pay the $54.99

5. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

The Nasty Boys .. anyone remember them?

They were a tag team duo in the 90's whose "secret attack" was for one of them to trap their opponent in the corner, then the other would run up and rub his sweaty armpit in their face; it was classic.

6. tourists24

this is all about my son... he is totally wrapped up in it... It is close this time (Atlanta) and Im not going that all out...lol... so I made him a deal. I told him I would take him to a live event close to home and get the pay per view... yeah,,, 55 bucks is silly

7. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

It's STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!!
    [video=youtube;0guJq9ZM1b0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0guJq9ZM1b0&feature=related[/video]

8. tourists24

hehe... spoken like a true redneck....lol.... I had a mamaw that was that way

BTW actually a good Wrestlemania so far

9. moreluck

from '52

[video=youtube;rlBYxA8LMpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBYxA8LMpg&feature=related[/video]

10. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Really got into that when younger.

Here, we had Verne Gagne, Mad Dog Vachone, Baron Von Rascske (sp?). The Duseck Bros.

11. moreluck

Baron Gatoni too !!

12. rod

rod retired and happy

I also remember Mad Dogs brother Butcher Vachone, Haystacks Calhoon (a real oldie), The Crusher, Gorgous George, Larry Henning and wasn't it Kenny Jay who lost just about every match he was in.

[video=youtube;G22rzJWVrlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22rzJWVrlQ[/video]

13. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Q: What has 17 teeth and an I.Q. of 95?

A: The first 6 rows at a pro wrestling match!

14. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Before WWF, pro wrestling was handled by regional promoters. We had "Portland Wrestling" here in the Oregon and SW Washington area, and they traveled to various locations in the Pacific NW including my hometown of Coos Bay. As a kid I would wait by the locker room to see the wrestlers and try getting autographs. I got autographs from several wrestlers who went on to much greater fame in the WWF.... guys like Rowdy Roddy Piper, Playboy Buddy Rose, Dusty Rhodes, Jimmy "superfly" Snuka and the Iron Shiek. Those were the days...........

15. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

raceanoncr, wasn't that baron von rascske he used to do the claw

16. tourists24

ZE CLAW......

17. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

You got it. Went to high school here. No, I didn't know him but he was as English as the Queen and really had to force that persona, I guess.