You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Spent all that money on time clocks, and now when someone forgets an ID and can't punch in it really doesn't even matter. As long as your punched in with the power pad they can add the punch in the computer
And yet, if we don't punch in or out with that machine we WILL get an OLCC.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Spent all that money on time clocks, and now when someone forgets an ID and can't punch in it really doesn't even matter. As long as your punched in with the power pad they can add the punch in the computer
If you come to work without your ID at my station, they send you home.

whenIgetthere

Today is October 31. That means tonight the ID's of a bunch of people at my station expire. No replacements have been issued yet. Pictures were taken weeks ago. Should be interesting tomorrow morning to see whether they can punch in or not.

Gate keeper here so slow, we'll all be punching in on blank pieces of paper in the morning. By the time she gets to handing out equipment, already past the code 48.

dex 84

Today is October 31. That means tonight the ID's of a bunch of people at my station expire. No replacements have been issued yet. Pictures were taken weeks ago. Should be interesting tomorrow morning to see whether they can punch in or not.

My ID expires. Nobody has said anything to me about a new ID. We just all got new lanyards last week though...

SmithBarney

You get minimums only if you are sent home without enough work. It's your responsibility to check with management before you leave each day if you believe you will not get minimums for the week. Otherwise they can and have voided guarantee hours.
Saturday is separate if it is your day off.

Does anyone know if the 35 hour minimum is void if you work saturday for Overtime?

Im getting conflicting answers from my brand spankin new management team(some go getter 24 year olds). And its conflicting with what old manager used to tell us

No it is not. You can work six hours each day, Mon-Fri, get your weekly minimum and Saturday is all OT. Unless policy changed, the young ones know not of which they speak.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How do they enforce that when the digital clock is so bad? I see people every day fail to punch in on that clock...
They swear there is nothing wrong with the clocks, and even put cameras in the checkin room so they can verify punch in/out. They always have a print out showing your activity with the digital clock.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You get minimums only if you are sent home without enough work. It's your responsibility to check with management before you leave each day if you believe you will not get minimums for the week. Otherwise they can and have voided guarantee hours.
Actually, you might want to check policy. I just read last week, that is THEIR responsibility to schedule you for enough hours.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
How do they enforce that when the digital clock is so bad? I see people every day fail to punch in on that clock...
Once our building's power was shut off for non-payment of the electric bill. Although we had generators, some nimrod filled them with gasoline instead of diesel. Dispatch was really fun that morning. It must have been a Monday because the trucks were loaded, but all the powerpads were only half charged if at all.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

A lot of it depends on the manager/station. Some don't care if you do your normal duties in <35 hours and are happy to pay you your minimum. Others will nitpick it. They can ask you to come in on a Saturday to meet your minimum and void the guarantee if you don't.

Purplepackage

A lot of it depends on the manager/station. Some don't care if you do your normal duties in <35 hours and are happy to pay you your minimum. Others will nitpick it. They can ask you to come in on a Saturday to meet your minimum and void the guarantee if you don't.

You might want to check that, they have tried to get a certain swing to come in on multiple Saturday's to meet his guarantee and everytime its 1 call to HR and management drops it

Purplepackage

I'll only get about 27 again this week again, only 1 more week left at this station now though.

Volume is low and no vacations makes it seem like I'm on vacation lol

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Once our building's power was shut off for non-payment of the electric bill. Although we had generators, some nimrod filled them with gasoline instead of diesel. Dispatch was really fun that morning. It must have been a Monday because the trucks were loaded, but all the powerpads were only half charged if at all.
Handsheet city, nobody could log in.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well, everyone was able to punch in and out today. No word on when the new IDs will arrive.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A rookie courier came up to me with a check in his hand for a COD, asking what to do with it. Sighhhhh. These poor people. They're not being trained in so many things. He left the return label on the package. Lol. I instructed him on how to process them in the future and directed him to the best CSA to help him with today's shipment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A rookie courier came up to me with a check in his hand for a COD, asking what to do with it. Sighhhhh. These poor people. They're not being trained in so many things. He left the return label on the package. Lol. I instructed him on how to process them in the future and directed him to the best CSA to help him with today's shipment.

You guys still use COD tags? Ours are 99.99% part of the shipping label. Every once in a blue moon I will come across a COD tag on a package.

Status
Not open for further replies.