You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's not the point. The company knows If they drop the guarantee employees will be leaving in droves.

Why would they even consider dropping it? It costs virtually nothing and there are enough mechanisms in place to cancel it anyway.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I asked a PM manager if handlers were included in the October raise, he said no. Then he followed it by telling me that they only work 10 hours but are getting paid for 17.5 every week.

True story. A DOT handler working 13 hours a week and getting paid for 17.5 refused to shuttle docs to the ramp (25 minutes round trip) one night because he had done it before and "didn't get anything extra for it." He didn't get his guarantee that week and had a fairly humorous meltdown when he saw his check.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
True story. A DOT handler working 13 hours a week and getting paid for 17.5 refused to shuttle docs to the ramp (25 minutes round trip) one night because he had done it before and "didn't get anything extra for it." He didn't get his guarantee that week and had a fairly humorous meltdown when he saw his check.
That was stupid.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Today is October 31. That means tonight the ID's of a bunch of people at my station expire. No replacements have been issued yet. Pictures were taken weeks ago. Should be interesting tomorrow morning to see whether they can punch in or not.

Purplepackage

Today is October 31. That means tonight the ID's of a bunch of people at my station expire. No replacements have been issued yet. Pictures were taken weeks ago. Should be interesting tomorrow morning to see whether they can punch in or not.

Spent all that money on time clocks, and now when someone forgets an ID and can't punch in it really doesn't even matter. As long as your punched in with the power pad they can add the punch in the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.