You have 7 days worth of food?

bbsam

Staff member
I like MRE's. Of course I liked school lunches growing up. Local recruiter used to give them to delivery drivers. I kept some in my truck in case I got stuck in the winter.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have lots more than 7 days worth. When you consider that 1 box of mac. and cheese is a meal. One package in the freezer is a meal. I have tons of soup......each can is a meal.
We could eat for 6 months on what I have in 3 freezers and my pantry.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Looking at the people in New York and New Jersy who are waiting in line for gas and trying to function without electricity or running water needs to be a wakeup call for people.

Imagine living 20 floors up in a high rise building that all of a sudden has no power, no light, no elevator, no water, no way to flush the toilet. Everything that a person needs to function in their daily life is gone, and they have no control over when those things might come back.

If my electricity and water got cut off, it would be a huge inconvenience but my wife and I would be OK. I could use my generator to run my freezer, and with a working freezer you can freeze water bottles and put them into your refrigerator to keep your food cold. I also have plenty of water, and several cords of firewood to keep my house warm with.

Another survival essential in my opinion is a porta potty. I have one that we take camping with us. You can buy them at any outdoor or RV store for about $80, and they are worth their weight in gold if your water ever gets cut off. Having a sanitary method for dealing with human waste can be a life-or-death issue in a catastrophe.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Another survival essential in my opinion is a porta potty. I have one that we take camping with us. You can buy them at any outdoor or RV store for about $80, and they are worth their weight in gold if your water ever gets cut off. Having a sanitary method for dealing with human waste can be a life-or-death issue in a catastrophe.

I have a large woods behind my house...:funny:

rod

Retired 22 years
Looking at the people in New York and New Jersy who are waiting in line for gas and trying to function without electricity or running water needs to be a wakeup call for people.

Imagine living 20 floors up in a high rise building that all of a sudden has no power, no light, no elevator, no water, no way to flush the toilet. Everything that a person needs to function in their daily life is gone, and they have no control over when those things might come back.

If my electricity and water got cut off, it would be a huge inconvenience but my wife and I would be OK. I could use my generator to run my freezer, and with a working freezer you can freeze water bottles and put them into your refrigerator to keep your food cold. I also have plenty of water, and several cords of firewood to keep my house warm with.

The world is my porta-potty, I have a generator, lots of fire wood and one of my neighbors brags about how much survival food and gear he has socked away (he's gone for the winter now so I would be breaking his door down in a heartbeat because he would want me to ------I think---I guess it don't matter.

tourists24

I doubt it, but what was kinda funny is that MRE's are all numbered, Meal #1 - pork patty, Meal #2 - ham and chicken loaf, etc and in Japanese culture "number 1" means good or the best and "number 10" means bad or worst. So the guys running the store were all looking at that and convinced the meal #1 was the best one and meal #10 was the worst and offering more or less in trade based on what number meal you had when in fact they are equally nasty. In fact I'm pretty sure that meal #1 was some particularly heinous concoction.
I did my time in the mid 80's... anyone remember the chicken a la king? ugh...lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'd take some guys porta potty and his frozen water and then eat him and his wife.

That would be funny if not for the fact that that is what will probably happen sometime in the future. Save me a nice meaty thigh :

I plan on helping my neighbors and sharing what I have with them. It will be in everybodys best interests to cooperate and pool our resources. However... anyone who tries to take from me by force will be making the final mistake of their life.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I plan on helping my neighbors and sharing what I have with them. It will be in everybodys best interests to cooperate and pool our resources. However... anyone who tries to take from me by force will be making the final mistake of their life.

I'd take it all from your neighbors first. That "helping neighbor" mentality ain't gonna' cut it with me lurking downwind from you and setting snares around your position. I'll get you when I get hungry enough