Your 401k Allocations.

The Driver

I drive.
Don't know anything about him or his objectives. And you never put all of your eggs into one basket

Yeah but the S&P 500 is a pretty huge basket. And also I stipulated "to start with". I agree with you when you say you tell the young people just to start saving. That's the most important part. But sometimes if people aren't pushed to put their money where their mouths are then they're more likely to experience "paralysis of the analysis". I say start with a broad index fund and then once they do that people tend to do more productive research for what's right for them and their own situation since their ass is on the line.

Yeah but the S&P 500 is a pretty huge basket. And also I stipulated "to start with". I agree with you when you say you tell the young people just to start saving. That's the most important part. But sometimes if people aren't pushed to put their money where their mouths are then they're more likely to experience "paralysis of the analysis". I say start with a broad index fund and then once they do that people tend to do more productive research for what's right for them and their own situation since their ass is on the line.
All that he needs to do is use the online tools and they would be a good quide for him

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They offer a Morningstar investment manager for a fee on the prudential site now. I'd never use them, but for those that want to set and forget it might be worth it to ask some questions.

J92

$500 in dividends each quarter.
I am meeting with my EJ guy in July. I am curious as to what his plan is in regard to both Apple and my rollover.

Last time I saw him he said to keep doing what I am doing.

Whose cutting you dividends? Just wondering. I haven't gotten into stocks a whole lot yet in my 401K.

J92

Does anyone know how to re-invest dividends on the ComputerShare website for the stock purchases? I keep forgetting to call them and just got another dividend check today. I'd like to do it online

What do you invest in to get the dividends?