Your Future At FedEx

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I disagree with the notion that there are no careers in Fedex outside of management. :)
Most of those jobs pay much less than they should and with much more stress than necessary. That is unless you're Fred's nephew and he'll start your salary off at $300K per year and all you have to do is tell Fred how great he is and be a shill here on this forum.

Operations is good to me. :)
Super! We'll see how you feel once Fred starts sinking his claws further into Ground.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Most of those jobs pay much less than they should and with much more stress than necessary. That is unless you're Fred's nephew and he'll start your salary off at $300K per year and all you have to do is tell Fred how great he is and be a shill here on this forum.

Super! We'll see how you feel once Fred starts sinking his claws further into Ground.

Exactly. Wait until Ground profit margins dip or the non-employees are "discovered" to be real employees. For now, everything is just hunky-dory for Fred, bbsam and the rest of them. Just remember that Satan Smith only cares about one thing...his money. If you don't want to be turned into a pile of ashes, don't get between Fred and his money stream.

bbsam

Staff member
Exactly. Wait until Ground profit margins dip or the non-employees are "discovered" to be real employees. For now, everything is just hunky-dory for Fred, bbsam and the rest of them. Just remember that Satan Smith only cares about one thing...his money. If you don't want to be turned into a pile of ashes, don't get between Fred and his money stream.

Such simpleton. Why don't you describe what you think Fred's next moves are? Forget about the silly notion that any court is going to make a sweeping decision that puts the entire contractor model at risk. It's kind of like the RLA at Express in reverse. They can't get such a sweeping decision. They have to go state by state. So that in mind, does Fred just raid the Ground piggy bank for short term gain? Or does he cultivate it into an even stronger, more productive and long term money maker?

Cactus

Such simpleton. Why don't you describe what you think Fred's next moves are? Forget about the silly notion that any court is going to make a sweeping decision that puts the entire contractor model at risk. It's kind of like the RLA at Express in reverse. They can't get such a sweeping decision. They have to go state by state. So that in mind, does Fred just raid the Ground piggy bank for short term gain? Or does he cultivate it into an even stronger, more productive and long term money maker?
To put it simply, he'll keep more money for himself and less for you. See?

Long term money maker?? You expect Fred to live forever?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I think you are being the Simpleton. To think Fred is invincible is dumb, and to think he won't tinker with your end of the ISP arrangement is being very stupid. He may have won for now on the Express side, but that leaves him with his Ground Golden Goose. Never underestimate the ability of FedEx to micromanage success into failure.

bbsam

Staff member
I think you are being the Simpleton. To think Fred is invincible is dumb, and to think he won't tinker with your end of the ISP arrangement is being very stupid. He may have won for now on the Express side, but that leaves him with his Ground Golden Goose. Never underestimate the ability of FedEx to micromanage success into failure.
Tinker? Yes, absolutely. But destroy through idiotic mismanagement for the sake of.profits? Nope. There's a delicate.balance to making the contractor model work. Changing policies at Express is easy, especially when Express is being reshaped anyway. Fred may have to settle in at 14% returns from Ground in order to keep it sustainable. That still double the profit made through the Express system.

Cactus

But destroy through idiotic mismanagement for the sake of.profits? Nope
You're a dreamer. Look what he's done with Express.

Cactus

You have no idea how businesses run, do you? Alway a wage slave at heart.
I've got my own business on the side, so I think I do know. PS....I wouldn't get too comfortable with Ground if I were you. Ground's always been fake Fedex at heart.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Unfortunately bbsam is right again! When Fred kicks the bucket, Im sure his replacement will be just as consumed with money. We can hope, by random chance, that no one is as greedy as Fred, but anyone who replaces him will have spent decades in FedEx management and years around Fred, which means they aren't going to be mother theresa.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

I like the new Pope. Read his last news conference he did as he left Brazil. Very cavalier. With my lifestyle as a gay man, I am now ever closer to my dream of one day becoming a Catholic priest.