Zip code area covered

I deliver in a zip code as my primary. I also cover 2 other zips but minimally. I see about 4 or 5 ups drivers in my route. Where is the comparison? 85 miles or so after leaving the terminal. 170 stops plus. Sometimes hitting 200 plus. I've seen 400 stops in December and wasn't able to finish. Ups drivers chime in....

bacha29

Don't worry , This country performs 1.6 million joint replacements every year. When your knees and hips are up for replacement in the very near future the skill level will be so high that you will have nothing to worry about. Oh, by the way that number is expected to double by 2020 so you might have to wait for the manufacturer to put on a second shift. And while you're at it and that's assuming you do get home once or twice a year get your your information together because you look like a disability claim in the making. Your body won't take that kind of a beating for very long.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You don't get out much, do you?
upstate has had an easy go at ups. off the street friend/t, probably got his own route soon after. 400 stops during peak is a real thing. we had guys running over 500 here. yes 500 stops. all easy resi. but 500.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
upstate has had an easy go at ups. off the street friend/t, probably got his own route soon after. 400 stops during peak is a real thing. we had guys running over 500 here. yes 500 stops. all easy resi. but 500.
500 stops is beyond insane and totally unsafe not only to the courier but the safety of the public in general.

Any further proof that Fred is running sweatshops on wheels is unnecessary.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
500 stops in a p1000 with a jumper is doable, but i've personally had my area baloon up to 400+ for peak... no way was i going to do that amount per day when im struggling with the mid 200s per peak day

BrownArmy

Depends on the area.

I worked a two-square-mile area during peak that routinely went out with 450+ daily.

All resi, all up and down.

Once my helper and I got a groove, we were killing it.

He had negative interest in the DIAD, but damn he could sort.

Easiest peak I've ever had, punched out at 18:45 regularly.

The next year they put me in the sticks, no real reason to have a helper.

160 stops meant 2100.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
OK my bad.

So what does the union have to say about excessive workloads like this?
as long as the driver isn't filing grievences the don't say anything. I'm sure if you don't want all that work and they keep piling it on you it would become an issue and the union would step in if needed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
as long as the driver isn't filing grievences the don't say anything. I'm sure if you don't want all that work and they keep piling it on you it would become an issue and the union would step in if needed.
I'd be bringing back bunches of undelivered packages just to prove my point.

BigTex61

We're a DRA station, I can't imagine how DRA would plot 400 stops. It would have you on the same streets 10 times in each cycle. DRA is a joke.