‘Careless driving’: UPS driver crashes into Lancaster County home

robot

Has A Large Member
What's going on out there?
Driving in the DFW area is tough nowadays. Such a big influx of people moving in and traffic is horrible. I’m surprised I don’t have an accident every night driving through downtown Dallas. Most night I have near misses.

clean hairy

Driving in the DFW area is tough nowadays. Such a big influx of people moving in and traffic is horrible. I’m surprised I don’t have an accident every night driving through downtown Dallas. Most night I have near misses.
Which ones do you find worst?
35, 20, 635 are bad!
Geo bush toll road is more of a drag strip!
No mishaps in many years of being here....

rod

Retired 22 years
35, 20, 635 are bad!
I get a bill from Texas about once a year for driving on the Geo Bush. They sure wasted a TON of money building all those toll collections plazas only to abandon them a few years later. I still wonder how much it cost them to trace my license plate number and send me a bill for under 10 bucks every year.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I used to go to the Mesquite hub often from Houtx. I've lived in the Houston area all my life. The Houston area and the metroplex have roughly the same population. I go up to McKinney often to visit family. I have never seen a time, night or day where there were no traffic jams up there. I'll take Houston traffic over Dallas area traffic every time. I use the George Bush every time I go up there, using the HOV lane. If you don't go at least 80 mph, you'll get run off the road.

clean hairy

I used to go to the Mesquite hub often from Houtx. I've lived in the Houston area all my life. The Houston area and the metroplex have roughly the same population. I go up to McKinney often to visit family. I have never seen a time, night or day where there were no traffic jams up there. I'll take Houston traffic over Dallas area traffic every time. I use the George Bush every time I go up there, using the HOV lane. If you don't go at least 80 mph, you'll get run off the road.
Where 45 south drops to 60 or 65, same thing.
Go 80 or get run over!
On 1960 heading towards i 10, every red light, atleast 3 blow on through the red light!
Any idea when exit 66 (1960) will opened back up?

robot

Has A Large Member
35, 20, 635 are bad!
35 is always backed up and I find the mixmaster counterintuitive when they changed them a few years ago. 20 everyone goes 90+ because it’s usually a straight shot but gets backed up bad when it interchanges with other interstates. 635 is nonstop construction and busy as hell!

I find 30 through downtown Dallas the worst. Especially the Canyon. I always clench my butthole when I go through the Ferguson curve and there’s tractor trailers on either side of me

Last edited:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Any idea when exit 66 (1960) will opened back up?
I drove through that mess the other day on the feeder. Things I do to get to James Coney Island. lol They are completely replacing a bridge over the creek there. Looks like they are less than 50% complete. It's going to be a while, unfortunately.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
@DOK perhaps I misinterpreted your post? Are you saying she was under the legal limit so it’s ok?, or she was under the legal limit it doesn’t matter you can’t drink driving a UPS truck? (unless your name is @rod and you and your wife are doing an “air run”. )

DriverNerd

The article states she was under the legal limit. I'm curious if she was under the state's legal limit or the federal DOT limit.

DOK

@DOK perhaps I misinterpreted your post? Are you saying she was under the legal limit so it’s ok?, or she was under the legal limit it doesn’t matter you can’t drink driving a UPS truck? (unless your name is @rod and you and your wife are doing an “air run”. )
She’s under the legal, doesn’t matter, irrelevant, you can’t do that.

reginald95

UPS still has company policies that prohibit drinking alcohol or certain drugs while on the clock regardless if she was under the limit.

In California, smoking weed is legal now, you still can't light up a doobie while you're in the warehouse or out on the road.

rod

Retired 22 years
Everyone needs an "air run" once in awhile.