“On Topic Only” Hand Injures

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yuppy? Really?

So how you personally consider your hand to be determines whether an injury is present or not?
You’re the one that told me there are no standards for injuries then said one could be fired for not reporting.

If there’s no standard how can I be fire for not reporting something I don’t consider an injury?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You’re the one that told me there are no standards for injuries then said one could be fired for not reporting.

If there’s no standard how can I be fire for not reporting something I don’t consider an injury?
I said I don’t set the standard for injuries.

I believe you are being intentionally coy.

A small child knows when he gets a boo, boo on the hand.

A grown up employee of UPS certainly knows or should know for the most part when they have a hand injury, even when it is not very severe.

I hope you report all vehicle accidents, regardless of the severity and not just the ones you don’t consider to be accidents. I don’t think you logic would help you if this is how you operate.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No. As I indicated earlier, this company doesn’t care if we have an adequate supply of toilet paper for the restrooms, or driver release bags (or tape, pens, info notices...), so why would they care about gloves?
Certain facilities do.

I believe in any facility where the employees took seriously the reporting of hand injuries, especially minor ones the management would care very much about gloves.

Correctly selected gloves do a good job at preventing most minor hand injuries.

The question really is do the employees really care enough.

Apparently a lot of employees don’t even care about reporting injuries that are more severe let alone less severe hand injuries.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Our ups facility does not
Amazon does provide gloves to all employees. They also have water coolers next to the unload/load doors. They also have climate controlled buildings.
Does your facility provide gloves to package handler?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I didn’t say they should or not.

Shoes and boots for the feet are viewed differently than protective gloves for the hand.

Does your facility provide gloves to package handlers?
Socks are technically gloves for my feet and they don’t supply those either.

PT Crazy

I reported a hand injury. I got hauled into talk with all kinds of management. The full time wall guy, the sort manager, the division manager. Oh put ice on it, oh it is because of your age, well guess what....I have a lawyer and the ups doctor guy even agreed.....Work related. Report everything!

Integrity

Binge Poster
I reported a hand injury. I got hauled into talk with all kinds of management. The full time wall guy, the sort manager, the division manager. Oh put ice on it, oh it is because of your age, well guess what....I have a lawyer and the ups doctor guy even agreed.....Work related. Report everything!
Shop Steward present?