“Ready Team”

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Building is extremely short staffed because no one wants this job right now. We have had a “ready team” of supervisors in my building running routes for weeks. People from all over the country getting flown out with per diem and lodging.
Driver in my center just got a check close to $10k for sups working grievances. Stewards standing by the daily recap board yelling out “Who wants it?”

UPS does what they want. Think about how much money they are making with this band-aid if they are happy to pay out thousands in grievances and fly supervisors in. Not to mention most days they send us to help the help when we finish. Can’t make this stuff up.

Last edited:

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
They sent a ready team because you're short staffed? How did you become that short staffed that fast?
They DQ almost everyone here, and when someone makes it; they realize how crappy everyone gets treated (ESPECIALLY 22.4s) and quit within months. A lot of people are hurt, or leaving to feeders because package is garbage right now. More than 5 high seniority drivers signed the feeders list and are gone. More waiting for the call.

542thruNthru

They DQ almost everyone here, and when someone makes it; they realize how crappy everyone gets treated (ESPECIALLY 22.4s) and quit within months. A lot of people are hurt, or leaving to feeders because package is garbage right now. More than 5 high seniority drivers signed the feeders list and are gone. More waiting for the call.
Interesting. Paying out the grievances that easy hu? Surprised the company isn't taking them to panel with the excuse of exhausting all options.

Commercial Inside Release

Probably is a ready team, but that scenario is only for places where the local is already the company's b-itch. Instead of opening a free money booth, the steward has probably stopped taking calls, and is desperately hiding, worried that his six hour route is in jeopardy.

ManInBrown

UPS does what they want. Think about how much money they are making with this band-aid if they are happy to pay out thousands in grievances and fly supervisors in.
I covered a run last month where I went to the same pickup 4x every day, back to the hub. That was the entire job. I bet my entire monthly pay was probably covered with one or two of those pickup trailers. They made their money back. That’s how much stupid money they make.

raceanoncr

One of our original Stewards once told the feeder manager, "If you would just pay me what you waste, I'd be a millionare in a month".

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Much like the country, package ops have been horribly mismanaged for years and 22.4's + retirements are just the perfect storm to bring it all down

Thebrownblob

Hourlies not interested in seeing if the new contract will bring more benefits? The reason I will stick around for another year. That and it's the easiest money I have ever made in my life.
Most of the part-time employees have been turned into permanent immature children because they’re on their parents insurance until 26. These kids lose a whole decade almost fooling around before they get serious, and even then they don’t know what to do anymore. Elections have consequences that don’t show up for many years. Thanks Obama.