“Ready Team”

Pullman Brown

Much like the country, package ops have been horribly mismanaged for years and 22.4's + retirements are just the perfect storm to bring it all down

Yeah what are you guys doing to fix it? This only going to get worse in the future with the present and coming labor shortages.

takesteady

The contract was not the main issue. Most of the part timers are only here for Play Money

How is this not a generalized statement? You're excusing a weak contract and blaming the current state of the company on 'lazy millennial' part timers.

take my name out of your mouth
Nah. @Thebrownblob oops I did it again 😬 Whatcha gonna do about it though?

sounds like he’s just a troll.

Yup. Everyone who disagrees with you is a troll. You sure you aren't a millennial snowflake yourself?

Thebrownblob

How is this not a generalized statement? You're excusing a weak contract and blaming the current state of the company on 'lazy millennial' part timers.

Nah. @Thebrownblob oops I did it again 😬 Whatcha gonna do about it though?

Yup. Everyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
And when did I ever say that? What excuse have I made for the contract? You won’t find one because you’re a clown and an ass hat.

When have I complained about the current state of the company?. We’re still the highest paid in the industry and if the job wasn’t worth having your sorry ass wouldn’t be here.

What do you do to help and to change things?

Most of the millennials are pretty hard workers it’s the group coming after them that are somewhat lost. And I don’t know what their called. probably around the 18th to 24-year-old age.

You’re absolutely a troll I’ve never talk to you before, you make assumptions about me and what I do or don’t do to create a stir that’s the definition of troll.

Last edited:

Pullman Brown

Building is extremely short staffed because no one wants this job right now. We have had a “ready team” of supervisors in my building running routes for weeks. People from all over the country getting flown out with per diem and lodging.
Driver in my center just got a check close to $10k for sups working grievances. Stewards standing by the daily recap board yelling out “Who wants it?”

UPS does what they want. Think about how much money they are making with this band-aid if they are happy to pay out thousands in grievances and fly supervisors in. Not to mention most days they send us to help the help when we finish. Can’t make this stuff up.

That’s what happened to a center in our building during peak. Corporate descended on us like the FBI taking over a investigation! I have never seen so many rentals! It was great!

takesteady

And when did I ever say that?
Right here .

The contract was not the main issue

And here is where you blame Millennials/Gen Z/Whatever.
There was a shift in adulthood and responsibility that came from the top. In the early to mid 2000s that we are now beginning to feel.

Do they teach you reading at intergrad? You know these posts are still up and accessible to everyone right?

You’re absolutely a troll I’ve never talk to you before, you make assumptions about me and what I do or don’t do to create a stir that’s the definition of troll.

So because you haven't talked to me before I'm a troll? I've been on this forum a while off and on and I've never talked to you. Given how disingenuous you are, I'm inclined to believe you're the troll.

Anyways, I'm down to squash this and apologize if I've misinterpreted you in any way. Im not really interested in having an ugly back and forth with another union member. It would only benefit management

Thebrownblob

The contract is not the main issue, most new hires don’t even know about it. I’m pretty sure I can say that because I have a kid who works there and does it just for play money. He’s going to school and was told in about eight months when he’s 21 he can go driving. He’s not sure that’s what he wants to do. Nothing wrong with that and I didn’t say it negatively. Seems to be a general consensus with the recently high school graduated currently in college age kids. Was quite different when they asked me if I wanted to go full-time I was ready and willing.

I started as a part timer I walked a picket line as a part timer. Full timers voted for a contract that made me full-time much quicker. I’ve stated many times I will do the same for the part-timers and the current contract maybe you have me confused with other members.

Perhaps don’t misconstrue one of my comments to mean something it does not.

I am in no way against you or any other part timers,quite the opposite.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Right here .

And here is where you blame Millennials/Gen Z/Whatever.

Do they teach you reading at intergrad? You know these posts are still up and accessible to everyone right?

So because you haven't talked to me before I'm a troll? I've been on this forum a while off and on and I've never talked to you. Given how disingenuous you are, I'm inclined to believe you're the troll.

Anyways, I'm down to squash this and apologize if I've misinterpreted you in any way. Im not really interested in having an ugly back and forth with another union member. It would only benefit management
He’s a steward you hack.

imjanedoe

banned slut
Muy bien, Muy bien
lets get some rest. I’m thinking about that nice double on Mondays (for me) during peak & best part is it still counts even if u happen to miss a day.

File any 6 day discipline they’ll get tired of writing u up. Our current center manager skips progressive discipline and goes straight for write ups. They get thrown out in two days 🥱 stay calm cool collected

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
View attachment 399257
Let’s get some rest. I’m thinking about that nice double on Mondays (for me) during peak & best part is it still counts even if u happen to miss a day.

File any 6 day discipline they’ll get tired of writing u up. Our current center manager skips progressive discipline and goes straight for write ups. They get thrown out in two days 🥱 stay calm cool collected
Hmmmmm

imjanedoe

banned slut
Reading this thread, is it any wonder that the union has issues mobilizing part timers? The open disdain y'all have for us is palpable.
Don’t be discouraged. It’s hard to be taken serious. Some people think you have to earn their respect rather than give It.
It’s hard to understand what the union can do. This is most of their first jobs. I’m Surprised that so many ppl don’t know what FMLA sdi or that they’ve never even seen the contract. That keeps people in the dark and grievances don’t get filed. I was lucky to have the best mentors so I knew what to expect.
Nothing prepares u for the kind of work environment it is at UPS. Contract , UPS policy and procedures with laws are there for our knowledge

takesteady

The contract is not the main issue, most new hires don’t even know about it. I’m pretty sure I can say that because I have a kid who works there and does it just for play money. He’s going to school and was told in about eight months when he’s 21 he can go driving. He’s not sure that’s what he wants to do. Nothing wrong with that and I didn’t say it negatively. Seems to be a general consensus with the recently high school graduated currently in college age kids. Was quite different when they asked me if I wanted to go full-time I was ready and willing.

I started as a part timer I walked a picket line as a part timer. Full timers voted for a contract that made me full-time much quicker. I’ve stated many times I will do the same for the part-timers and the current contract maybe you have me confused with other members.

Perhaps don’t misconstrue one of my comments to mean something it does not.

Just because your kid works here for play money doesn't mean your generalized statements about part timers are accurate. I have a full time job outside of UPS and I've been a steward on my sort for a long time now. I've talked to (literally) hundreds of part timers who work here for all kind of reasons ranging from play money, to insurance, to driving ambitions. I do my best to get them voting and engaged in the process. Fortunately, most of the drivers in my hub stand in solidarity with their union brothers and refrain from openly disparaging them.

takesteady

@Thebrownblob

Anyways, I'm sorry if I took you out of context. It seems like your heart is in the right place. I just notice so much hostility to part timers on here that I feel obligated to speak up.

Thebrownblob

Just because your kid works here for play money doesn't mean your generalized statements about part timers are accurate. I have a full time job outside of UPS and I've been a steward on my sort for a long time now. I've talked to (literally) hundreds of part timers who work here for all kind of reasons ranging from play money, to insurance, to driving ambitions. I do my best to get them voting and engaged in the process. Fortunately, most of the drivers in my hub stand in solidarity with their union brothers and refrain from openly disparaging them.
Don’t forget I’m not just talking about my kid, Who by the way is well aware what the job pays and what it can provide. I have made sure in my building there is a driver intent list put up, we have well over 1200 pt employees. We have trouble getting 50 people who want to drive. Or go full-time at all. There has been a shift in attitudes. I’m not making a judgment whether it’s good or bad I’m just telling you it’s what it is.