“Uhhhh, guys, this is the thing ending our jobs in 5 years”. Stumping The Wrong Team

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
So, say your local threw a big shindig. And in order to take this puppy to the next level they invited a whole batch of IBT rockstars.

In between ballroom feasts, we were treated to an impressive series of rather enjoyable speeches & presentations covering vitally important Big Brown topics by passionate people who really knew their :censored2:.

And the grand finale was a big open friendly roundtable all about this silly little contract of ours. Rank and file on the mic, 8 or 9 National Negotiation Committee members huddled together on a too small head table.

As always happens in these kind of forums, the beleaguered and weirdly defensive & self-congratulatory leaders were barraged by an endless stream of “my sup did this to me at my hub, my center, on car, in the office”.

Obvious solutions were easily given to obvious universal complaints. Until our table.

“Ummm, so, they are demanding 100% compliance of cradling the Diad for Map Nav...”

(blank confused stares from the head table)

“Yeah, my center, too, for about a month now. Ya know, the Turn-by-Turn. Arrows. :censored2:ed up Orion stops in order on the screen. Distraction.

(a few guys gamely threw up some stunningly irrelevant advice, complete with a wildly incorrect interpretation of the problem)

“Wait, none of you guys heard of this?”

(crickets)

It was agreed that, hmmm, maybe we will call it a distraction. We will look into it, maybe.

And then—-thanks for coming, everyone!—-just like that, it was over.

We are :censored2:ed.

Wait a second...

Your local has “shindigs”?

F

Frankie's Friend

I've been followed so many times throughout my time there I just assume I am always being watched. If they want a camera no skin off my ass
Just another piece of technology to get creative with. Drivers are already charged automatically with any accident and have to fight their way back from communist China.

I can hear it now...
"At the point of impact you werent looking LRL when that guy ran the stop light and hit you head on although he was already dead from an overdose, or you werent checking your mirrors when blah blah blah".
No thanks. We work in an environment that eats it own young already. Let's not turn the other cheek so they can skin it.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Just another piece of technology to get creative with. Drivers are already charged automatically with any accident and have to fight their way back from communist China.

I can hear it now...
"At the point of impact you werent looking LRL when that guy ran the stop light and hit you head on although he was already dead from an overdose, or you werent checking your mirrors when blah blah blah".
No thanks. We work in an environment that eats it own young already. Let's not turn the other cheek so they can skin it.

I wasn't saying accept it, but I dont see how the original post sees this leading to replacing us in 5 years.

F

Frankie's Friend

Picking your nose while driving is against ups distracted driving policy. You better pull over and shut the truck off for that 1now
Would create a snotty situation no doubt.
Hands at 10 and 2 unless you're shifting.

542thruNthru

View attachment 246056 Maybe there's a legal remedy for this proposed technology.

Seems like a stretch to be honest. GPS is used in tons of CMV. Doesn't help when they have stuff like this on their website also.

CMV Driving Tips - Driver Distraction

sketch-1556421921618.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

Seems like a stretch to be honest. GPS is used in tons of CMV. Doesn't help when they have stuff like this on their website also.

CMV Driving Tips - Driver Distraction

View attachment 246063
The company doesnt care about distracted driving as long as the driver runs scratch and their stock goes up. For decades we were told not to turn around in resi drives. Now its expected.
The driver is always at fault no matter what happens.
More mind control.

542thruNthru

The company doesnt care about distracted driving as long as the driver runs scratch and their stock goes up. For decades we were told not to turn around in resi drives. Now its expected.
The driver is always at fault no matter what happens.
More mind control.

Absolutely agree. I was responding to fighting it legally is all.

542thruNthru

Scan dont stare will no longer be a method.

Just like the 30in selections shelf and 60in floor. They will still preach it but it's gone the way of the Dodo bird.

Managment is so out of touch its ridiculous. Had a interesting week involving our DM here on a production ride. It just solidified the fact they are clueless.