“We will immediately repeal and replace…”

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think I have a way out. In England not so long ago they had debtors prisons. Eventually they came up with the idea of sending many of them to Australia. So there you go. Sick? No insurance? Well throw some shrimp on the barbie mate, we're shipping you to Sydney!
So your solution to the health care problem in this country is to put people who don't have access to affordable insurance in jail for getting sick..... brilliant :glare:.

bacha29

Or we could simply go back to the way it was before. The only sick people who paid were those who had insurance. The others who could not or would not pay received the same level of care as those who did. In order to compensate care providers simply jacked up fees and charges passed it onto insurers who in turn passed it on to subscribers. Those who could pay the inflated premiums payed them. Those who couldn't went without insurance and when they needed care they went to the hospital with no insurance and so what goes around comes around. Those who have employer paid health insurance should in no way feel secure in the belief that their health care bills will always be payed by someone other than themselves.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think I have a way out. In England not so long ago they had debtors prisons. Eventually they came up with the idea of sending many of them to Australia. So there you go. Sick? No insurance? Well throw some shrimp on the barbie mate, we're shipping you to Sydney!
Funny!
And just think ... I thought you were always serious.

newfie

It was tongue in cheek. We obviously can't force our citizens to leave or make another country take them.

actually not a bad plan. countries like Cuba and Mexico empty out their jails and send the criminals our way. lets send our citizens who cant afford health care to other countries that have free health care let them pay for it.