“We will immediately repeal and replace…”

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dixiecrats?
Probably the vestiges of them
Dixiecrats started in the 1920's and went up through 1970 or so.
Most converted to Republicans but a few stayed Dem but out of sync with the rest of the party.
A few became Blue Dog Democrats but not many around anymore.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/04/first-us-city-set-to-see-complete-obamacare-collapse/

Knoxville, Tenn., could be the first city in the U.S. where Obamacare completely collapses, leaving tens of thousands of people without the option to buy a subsidized insurance policy.

Humana, the city’s only remaining insurance provider on its Obamacare exchange, announced it is exiting the market in 2018. If that happens, Knoxville citizens will be in a rough spot. Unless another insurance provider fills Humana’s place, some 40,000 people in the Knoxville area will likely be left without the option to purchase an Obamacare-subsidized insurance policy, CNN reports.

Knoxville is illustrative of one of the main problems with Obamacare: It doesn’t promote market-based competition. Insurers pull out of marketplaces where it is not cost-efficient for them to provide services, and, as a result, consumers are left with fewer options at higher prices.

BrownArmy

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/04/first-us-city-set-to-see-complete-obamacare-collapse/

Knoxville, Tenn., could be the first city in the U.S. where Obamacare completely collapses, leaving tens of thousands of people without the option to buy a subsidized insurance policy...

Seems like you don't want the ACA to succeed.

Lulz.

When/if Trump gets anything through this idiot government, it will strip his ardent supporters of 'stuff' they've come to rely on.

What then?

It will be fine

dump both plans and go back to the old ways .
Where insurance companies could make money .
And people went bankrupt and died. Imagine you lost your job that paid your entire health insurance cost. The old way was keep your insurance through cobra for 6 months and hope you find another job that has benefits. If your new job didn't have benefits and you were at all sick, including things like allergies, you couldn't get coverage. Yes, insurance companies made money that way, and people died. That system was horrendous.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And people went bankrupt and died. Imagine you lost your job that paid your entire health insurance cost. The old way was keep your insurance through cobra for 6 months and hope you find another job that has benefits. If your new job didn't have benefits and you were at all sick, including things like allergies, you couldn't get coverage. Yes, insurance companies made money that way, and people died. That system was horrendous.
None of those situations ever happened to me , so why should I care ?
If I needed care it was a quick trip to the ER , and now a days I could be looking at jail time & fines for not carrying health insurance .

oldngray

nowhere special
None of those situations ever happened to me , so why should I care ?
If I needed care it was a quick trip to the ER , and now a days I could be looking at jail time & fines for not carrying health insurance .

Its all about being forced to pay ... for other people.

Not about paying for your own insurance.

Also you should have the right to self insure and pay out of pocket if you go to the doctor. It is often cheaper to do it that way.

It will be fine

Its all about being forced to pay ... for other people.

Not about paying for your own insurance.

Also you should have the right to self insure and pay out of pocket if you go to the doctor. It is often cheaper to do it that way.
We're all paying for other people regardless. That's what insurance is. The only question is what's the best way to do it. If you have the capitol requirements of a major corporation you can self insure. If you don't have ~$250 million in liquid capitol you should have to carry an insurance policy to keep your risk to yourself and not dump it on the rest of society.

newfie

the classic struggle . Getting those who have worked hard and achieved some level of success to pay for those who have always underachieved and need or want everything handed to them.

newfie

We're all paying for other people regardless. That's what insurance is. The only question is what's the best way to do it. If you have the capitol requirements of a major corporation you can self insure. If you don't have ~$250 million in liquid capitol you should have to carry an insurance policy to keep your risk to yourself and not dump it on the rest of society.

this penalty we pay is somewhat a user fee. The other side to this argument is that even with a penalty for not getting insurance under Obama we still have about 20 million people that did not sign up. if we're going to pay for them anyway then at least let the breadwinners of society decide the terms. For me as one who has to pay for the laziness of others I would prefer a competitive market driven society that keeps the cost down.

It will be fine

this penalty we pay is somewhat a user fee. The other side to this argument is that even with a penalty for not getting insurance under Obama we still have about 20 million people that did not sign up. if we're going to pay for them anyway then at least let the breadwinners of society decide the terms. For me as one who has to pay for the laziness of others I would prefer a competitive market driven society that keeps the cost down.
A competitive market would never provide health care insurance for someone with a cancer diagnosis. That means if you're in the individual market with cancer you die. The free market is a bad solution for health care.

newfie

A competitive market would never provide health care insurance for someone with a cancer diagnosis. That means if you're in the individual market with cancer you die. The free market is a bad solution for health care.

I imagine high monthly payments and an astronomical deductible will help that individual?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You forget I live where RomneyCare still exists .
One must have a valid Insurance coverage plan in order to do your taxes or its in the slammer for you . Make to much to qualify for the gov't plan but not enough to support your family and pay for private care , then its a fine and jail time .

vantexan

Anyone who is poor or cant afford insurance because of a pre existing condition is just lazy.
Smh.
I think I have a way out. In England not so long ago they had debtors prisons. Eventually they came up with the idea of sending many of them to Australia. So there you go. Sick? No insurance? Well throw some shrimp on the barbie mate, we're shipping you to Sydney!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think I have a way out. In England not so long ago they had debtors prisons. Eventually they came up with the idea of sending many of them to Australia. So there you go. Sick? No insurance? Well throw some shrimp on the barbie mate, we're shipping you to Sydney!
Sorry but Australia has some strict immigration laws .
You will need close to $500,000 to invest there before you are allowed in .