“You guys are way overpaid!”

Cowboy Mac

I saw a video of the US Border Patrol chasing an old beat up Astro van. It went on for a while then finally ended with the van getting high centered on a median. I counted 19 illegals jumping out of the van and scattering. Seriously NINETEEN! How do you even fit that many people in a relatively small van. I doubt they were able to catch them all.
That’s what it was like. They just poured out of the SUV. I thought one lady was going to run across the highway in front of me until a man grabbed her and pointed in the opposite direction.

The thing I couldn’t get past was that it was like a $40K SUV. Cartels got money I guess.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That’s what it was like. They just poured out of the SUV. I thought one lady was going to run across the highway in front of me until a man grabbed her and pointed in the opposite direction.

The thing I couldn’t get past was that it was like a $40K SUV. Cartels got money I guess.
Nothing but money, drugs and guns.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Just thought I’d share a little incident with a customer today.

I was delivering a box of hello fresh to this house when the customer abruptly opened her front door. It was an unusual door because it opened outward instead of in, so it startled me and I accidentally dropped the box. It wasn’t damaged or anything. Pick it up and hand it over, “Sorry about that.” Customer says, “Oh nice job idiot!” Now I’m not sure why I said this but I did, “I know right. At forty bucks an hour I shouldn’t be dropping crap.” Only I used the S word.

“YOU MAKE HOW MUCH?!!” Literally screaming at me. I’m thinking, Jesus lady calm the ef down. I said, “Have a nice day” and turned to walk away. She continues to bark at me, “If they’re paying you forty dollars an hour to deliver boxes! That’s ridiculous! I don’t believe it.” I said, “You’re right, I’m lying to you. Bye bye now.” As I’m walking away she continues to rant. “Here I am with a Master’s, educating our youth for half what you make. What is wrong with society?! YOU GUYS ARE WAY OVERPAID!”

Funny thing is I was a public school teacher for close to five years. Yeah the pay is kinda low but you know what you’re signing up for. Anyway, it’s going to be real awkward delivering to that customer from now on. I wish I knew how to keep my big mouth shut.

How much do most people think we make anyway? Minimum wage?
$40 an hour? Try over $50 if you add in the average OT and vacations and healthcare and pension.

Zowert

HA! Gun control first
That ship has sailed. If they didn’t bring something up after Sandy Hook, this Texas shooting won’t change anything. There are more firearms than people in this country. Even if we pass strict gun control legislation I don’t think it will stop crazy people determined to raise hell. They’re already going to break the law by murdering people. Unlawful possession of a firearm wouldn’t deter them.

Even if we made it damn near impossible for certain people to buy guns, they can always buy a 3D printer and make their own lower receiver to build an AR style rifle on.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That ship has sailed. If they didn’t bring something up after Sandy Hook, this Texas shooting won’t change anything. There are more firearms than people in this country. Even if we pass strict gun control legislation I don’t think it will stop crazy people determined to raise hell. They’re already going to break the law by murdering people. Unlawful possession of a firearm wouldn’t deter them.

Even if we made it damn near impossible for certain people to buy guns, they can always buy a 3D printer and make their own lower receiver to build an AR style rifle on.
It's like airline security.
the gun check show and tell would likely have an effect. And I doubt the same measures would do anything but improve whatever gun culture there is. Who does not want to have a shiny license for their firearm.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It's like airline security.
the gun check show and tell would likely have an effect. And I doubt the same measures would do anything but improve whatever gun culture there is. Who does not want to have a shiny license for their firearm.
Me, that’s who. But I got news for gun owners, this administration has been gathering gun records of gun sales, all the ones that are supposed to be destroyed, over 1 billion. They already know what we have.

Zowert

Me, that’s who. But I got news for gun owners, this administration has been gathering gun records of gun sales, all the ones that are supposed to be destroyed, over 1 billion. They already know what we have.
This is why you build a couple firearms before they crack down on ghost guns. Lower receivers typically require background checks, there are some states that don’t though. I bought one at gun show in Nevada around five years ago, no background check, paid cash and walked out with it. Then you can order the rest of the parts online.

I miss the good old days of going to a gun show, buying a rifle and taking it home that day.

PT Car Washer

🤣 wrong. How little you know. It’s a 3 day to 7 day wait in many states for any gun. California it’s 10 days.
I was at Sportsman's Warehouse one day this week and asked them the current law in my state. Show an ID, put down your money and walk out with a handgun. Who said anything about California?

Thebrownblob

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse one day this week and asked them the current law in my state. Show an ID, put down your money and walk out with a handgun. Who said anything about California?
Not everywhere has a wait correct, but you cannot “just show your ID”, you still have to fill out Form 4473 for your firearms transaction records. It can take between 45 minutes or a couple days if they’re backlogged. So you’re being a little disingenuous.

Thebrownblob

If you know of such a place that allows you just to show your ID you should probably call the ATF since that would be against the law. The buyer has to fill out things and sign stating quite a few statements of truth or face penalty of jail time, remember like how Hunter bited wide about his drug use on his form?
You said any gun store. That’s not the law in every state. SMH
most leftist are natural born truth manipulators or outright liars.