“You guys are way overpaid!”

Cowboy Mac

Will call. I had one of those heavy Casper mattresses that needed to go up to the 7th floor of an apartment building and the elevator was out of service. Nope!
I would have done it. On Road Sup: “Hey my computer is showing you haven’t delivered anything in over an hour. Are you okay?”

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Will call. I had one of those heavy Casper mattresses that needed to go up to the 7th floor of an apartment building and the elevator was out of service. Nope!
That bitch also got to stay home for a year while we had to go to work and kill ourselves

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’ll be honest I get a rise out of stuff like that. The amount of entitled elitism you get from college educated people it’s great when they find out the dumb college dropout that brings them their wine once a week makes three times as much as them and has zero student loan debt. While they were blowing 50k on a lesbian dance theory degree that only got them a promotion to shift manager at Subway I was buying my first house at 23. I quit college to work here. Everyone went to school and abandoned the trade jobs and that’s where all the money is at now.

JL 0513

Should've told her, "well, we're planning on striking!". $42/hr (August), full healthcare, pension, 6 weeks vacation. Strike!

The company would crumble if we did, especially when the public learns of our compensation. It's totally different from the 90's and even then FedEx ate up a good portion of our accounts.

El Correcto

god is dead
Just thought I’d share a little incident with a customer today.

I was delivering a box of hello fresh to this house when the customer abruptly opened her front door. It was an unusual door because it opened outward instead of in, so it startled me and I accidentally dropped the box. It wasn’t damaged or anything. Pick it up and hand it over, “Sorry about that.” Customer says, “Oh nice job idiot!” Now I’m not sure why I said this but I did, “I know right. At forty bucks an hour I shouldn’t be dropping crap.” Only I used the S word.

“YOU MAKE HOW MUCH?!!” Literally screaming at me. I’m thinking, Jesus lady calm the ef down. I said, “Have a nice day” and turned to walk away. She continues to bark at me, “If they’re paying you forty dollars an hour to deliver boxes! That’s ridiculous! I don’t believe it.” I said, “You’re right, I’m lying to you. Bye bye now.” As I’m walking away she continues to rant. “Here I am with a Master’s, educating our youth for half what you make. What is wrong with society?! YOU GUYS ARE WAY OVERPAID!”

Funny thing is I was a public school teacher for close to five years. Yeah the pay is kinda low but you know what you’re signing up for. Anyway, it’s going to be real awkward delivering to that customer from now on. I wish I knew how to keep my big mouth shut.

How much do most people think we make anyway? Minimum wage?
A lot of people are really nice to me, I can only think of one stupid (mean word for women) on my route and she is a nut job.

She is like a 40+ psycho that does her short Karen haircut like a bitchy burgundy color.
It was a rare day where I just received a curt squinty eye pursed lipped smile. She was apparently a really great truck driver because she would make it a point to tell me how to do my job anytime she was outside and I had to make a back on her property. “I don’t want you getting close to that!” “Why don’t you just drive the package car through my muddy ass yard and get it stuck so I can defraud ups?!”.

When I first started delivering to this lady like 5 years ago she was running her own little business out of a shed, was married had a toddler son. Then her weekly deliveries just stopped for about a year or two no heads up from her or anything, I honestly didn’t really notice until I got an Amazon delivery for her and thought oh great this crazy lady again. When I pulled up to her house the sun hadn’t quite set, you still had plenty of light to see a big brown UPS truck coming down your drive and know who it was. I noticed that there was no sign of her husbands truck, no kids toys or sign of her kids and her business shed was gone. I got up to her door to knock, she flung it open as I did with a crazy bitch pink grip snub nose held at the ready.
1652246943960.jpeg

She appeared to be high on meth or in a manic bipolar episode. Kind of bewildered that anyone came to her door and somehow didn’t notice it was a UPS driver in uniform in a giant UPS truck.
She apologized to me and was like I swear I didn’t know it was UPS speaking kind of quick.

It appears her life just went to :censored2: and she lost it.
Hadn’t had to deliver to her since thankfully.

Zowert

I’ll be honest I get a rise out of stuff like that. The amount of entitled elitism you get from college educated people it’s great when they find out the dumb college dropout that brings them their wine once a week makes three times as much as them and has zero student loan debt. While they were blowing 50k on a lesbian dance theory degree that only got them a promotion to shift manager at Subway I was buying my first house at 23. I quit college to work here. Everyone went to school and abandoned the trade jobs and that’s where all the money is at now.
The beautiful thing about this altercation is that I am college educated myself. I have a B.A. in elementary education and a Master of Arts in counseling from the University of Maine. I was a high school US & world history teacher for over 4 years before I resigned. Try convincing 16-17 year olds to give a damn about what happened before they were born. It was disheartening work for a salary that barely sustained a decent quality of life. Fortunately I didn’t rack up a bunch of student loan debt thanks to a hockey scholarship.

Last edited:

Zowert

I wonder how many guns that cry baby teacher has had pointed in her face while trying to make a living.
As both an educator and UPS driver I can answer this. Never had a gun pointed at me while teaching but always had a Columbine massacre type scenario in the back of my mind. I paid close attention to any signs of bullying or mental illness in my students because of that fear. My second peak as a UPS driver I walked up a long driveway to a house at around 10pm only to be met by a dude with a shotgun at the ready. “Hello! UPS?! what the hell are you doing out so late?! I almost shot you!” He ended up sincerely apologizing, said their home was burglarized a couple nights earlier. Understandable but I was ready to crap my pants.

allahuakbar

She/Her
A lot of people are really nice to me, I can only think of one stupid (mean word for women) on my route and she is a nut job.

She is like a 40+ psycho that does her short Karen haircut like a bitchy burgundy color.
It was a rare day where I just received a curt squinty eye pursed lipped smile. She was apparently a really great truck driver because she would make it a point to tell me how to do my job anytime she was outside and I had to make a back on her property. “I don’t want you getting close to that!” “Why don’t you just drive the package car through my muddy ass yard and get it stuck so I can defraud ups?!”.

When I first started delivering to this lady like 5 years ago she was running her own little business out of a shed, was married had a toddler son. Then her weekly deliveries just stopped for about a year or two no heads up from her or anything, I honestly didn’t really notice until I got an Amazon delivery for her and thought oh great this crazy lady again. When I pulled up to her house the sun hadn’t quite set, you still had plenty of light to see a big brown UPS truck coming down your drive and know who it was. I noticed that there was no sign of her husbands truck, no kids toys or sign of her kids and her business shed was gone. I got up to her door to knock, she flung it open as I did with a crazy bitch pink grip snub nose held at the ready.
View attachment 383401
She appeared to be high on meth or in a manic bipolar episode. Kind of bewildered that anyone came to her door and somehow didn’t notice it was a UPS driver in uniform in a giant UPS truck.
She apologized to me and was like I swear I didn’t know it was UPS speaking kind of quick.

It appears her life just went to :censored2: and she lost it.
Hadn’t had to deliver to her since thankfully.
I’d love if a customer shot me. I’m looking for a early retirement or death

Zowert

You guys & gals make too much money at $40/hour. Some of that should go to retirees pension increase.
We paved the way for you to earn those wages.:rolleyes:
My grandfather put 50 years in with the Teamsters Union. Retired on a fat pension 15 years ago. Just over 15 years the cost of living has made his pension buying power is nowhere near what it used to be. Says he might have to go back to work, he’s 85 and still lives comfortably. Just can’t take as many trips to Vegas.

Zowert

In light of this thread, last week’s timecard. I think I put in 10 hours of OT. More than enough to cover this month’s mortgage payment.

E882FF84-40ED-4B71-9FC5-4AB782C3D452.jpeg

Last edited:

Zowert

so why not hand it out to PT?
Part Timers are being semi-exploited. If it weren’t for the benefits I’d say completely exploited. We have a couple older PT’s that are retired from previous jobs, working simply for the health insurance. The money to them is just a bonus.

wilberforce15

Part Timers are being semi-exploited. If it weren’t for the benefits I’d say completely exploited. We have a couple older PT’s that are retired from previous jobs, working simply for the health insurance. The money to them is just a bonus.
That's similar to me. I want as few hours as possible because I don't need them.

Others want no hours because 15 just isn't worth it. We're not really understaffed. It's more like unstaffed.