“You guys are way overpaid!”

Cowboy Mac

I ignore 99% of them, that really pisses some people off. When they threaten me, that’s when I respond. I lie and tell them I’m obligated to give them my supervisor’s number if they have a complaint. Then pretend like it’s going to get me in trouble. It shuts them up. I wish more people would take his number and call, I loved the laugh we had when the Karen called.

I had one dude in a Jeep come up behind me and just lay on his horn for a good 10 seconds. So I stood right in front of his vehicle and looked at my watch then looked up at him, looked at my watch again then back at him. He got so pissed that he got out and started yelling at me. I calmly looked him in the eye and said, “Get back in your vehicle you psychopath.” Somehow that shut him up. He quietly got back in his Jeep and backed down the street. I think he realized how ridiculous his behavior was.
“What’s your badge number?!”

You ever get that one?

Zowert

“What’s your badge number?!”

You ever get that one?
No but there is a crazy homeless dude on my route that is convinced I’m a “Federal Agent.” I told him UPS has nothing to do with the federal government. He pointed at my truck, “See it says ‘USDOT’! That’s Department of Transportation, you are a federal agent!” I said oh damn you’re right! I guess I am then!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No but there is a crazy homeless dude on my route that is convinced I’m a “Federal Agent.” I told him UPS has nothing to do with the federal government. He pointed at my truck, “See it says ‘USDOT’! That’s Department of Transportation, you are a federal agent!” I said oh damn you’re right! I guess I am then!
Tell him you’re immigration

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Don’t think that’s a big deal, if they call and complain they’ll figure out who you are based on the area.

Then again, guess you don’t need some a-hole looking you up and ending up in your neighborhood.
Management would know of course. Plus it wouldn’t have been the first time either. Lol

Abracadabra

I’m not gonna lie, it was hard to keep my composure when she called me an idiot. I was kinda shocked at the upfront rudeness and disrespect. Seems like she looked down on us even before this incident.
Gotta be honest man, to me, sounds like *I'd* feel uncomfortable going there anymore. Sounds like someone might be getting added to the Level 5 Security list.

Zowert

Friday I had this kid, barely 21 years old signing for his wine say, “It’s not a very fun job but someone has to do it, I appreciate you.” I said thanks, yeah it sucks, I’m just in it for the pension. Kid, “What’s a pension?” Something you need for a nice retirement. “Oh you mean like a 401k?” Yeah something like that.

Nah
Should've arrested him.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Friday I had this kid, barely 21 years old signing for his wine say, “It’s not a very fun job but someone has to do it, I appreciate you.” I said thanks, yeah it sucks, I’m just in it for the pension. Kid, “What’s a pension?” Something you need for a nice retirement. “Oh you mean like a 401k?” Yeah something like that.
Most people I talk to know UPS is a great job with great pay but I try to downplay and change the subject. I tell them about the constant harassment and how every minute has to be accounted for and other stories.

Meanwhile I am like the Millionaire Next Door with an understated car and outward appearances.....

P700slave

In my 34 years at UPS, Ive seen many come and go that cant handle the work of a UPS driver. Get over yourself lady. She's just jealous of your success. Let"s shoot for 50$!

53165E5B-BCF8-4136-8B39-34D4922F3454.jpeg

She is to be real mad about my 2.4 high school GPA…

I wish I could write the link to this thread on her next crappy food box. If Karen the educator saw this paystub she’d lose her mind.

You have 3 weeks of vacation left, nice!
She would go apes*** if she saw the biggest grievance check I ever received. Fun fact, our old payroll system wouldn’t issue a check for over $10.000 unless to was a hard override.

Yeah if I want I basically have a 4 day weekend so when the wife wants a little get away it’s not a problem. We had a 14 day cruise to Europe planned but some a**hole had to go in make things extra spicy in Eastern Europe

Duff21

You’re right, with inflation it really isn’t a lot but it is enough to live comfortably. As long as you live within your means you’ll never have to worry about money.

I feel bad for Amazon drivers doing this crap for like $16-18hr and no benefits. There’s this one kid driving those Amazon sprinter vans I used to see quite often on my route. Just a hard working optimistic kid. He came up to me a while back all pumped, “I’m getting a promotion!” Oh really what is it? “I’m moving into step vans, they’re gonna be paying me twenty dollars an hour!” Step vans are what they call package cars. I didn’t have the heart to tell him he’s getting screwed. Haven’t seen him since, hopefully it’s working out for him.
I was one of those Amazon drivers but I knew the whole time what UPS drivers made so it was brutal. But I’m finally a UPSer. The same misery with more incentives 😂

Dazbuff

Many teachers in my state make over 100k. Summer's off plus all the other weeks and holidays.
No teacher makes a third of that. Wally u are being lied to. I wouldn’t touch teaching with a ten foot pole…….especially when you can’t beat the little bastards when they act up!