1 Dead! Crash Involving UPS Truck

rod

Retired 22 years
Guess back only when necessary and be aware of dangerous/changing conditions don't mean anything to you... it was totally your fault bro.

Oh don't get me wrong. It knew it WAS my fault according to UPS methods. Now I look back at it and laugh but at the time I did my damndest to convince UPS it was the other guys fault.:wink2: I remember I did enjoy my 4 day weekend to the up most. Thaks for your comments though------------------------bro:sleeping2::thumbdown

Jim Kemp

By always blaming the drivers for every accident does UPS open themselves up to more law suites? If you have an accident and a lawyer finds out that the mgt. said you (the driver) were at fault, could he use that fact against UPS in a suite.
Seems he could just get in front of a jury and tell them "Even UPS says he is guilty". I would think a good lawyer would have a slam dunk case.

purplesky

If you watch the video Ups didnt waste any time getting another truck there to take the stops. They prob made the driver finish out the day.

I saw that at the end of the video where the on car sup comes to save the day and ask the driver that just got hit head on. Will you be able to get all your air off? Then there is a message from the center saying NO LATE AIR! Even though you just saw someone DIE ON YOUR BUMPER!!!

beentheredonethat

By always blaming the drivers for every accident does UPS open themselves up to more law suites? If you have an accident and a lawyer finds out that the mgt. said you (the driver) were at fault, could he use that fact against UPS in a suite.
Seems he could just get in front of a jury and tell them "Even UPS says he is guilty". I would think a good lawyer would have a slam dunk case.

You folks are mixing apples and oranges. There is at fault according to the law and what the police write up. There is avoidable, this is what UPS deems weather the driver could have "avoided" the accident. I'll agree, we go overboard on what's avoidable and what's not. But we aren't saying the driver is at fault for the accident. We are saying by not following methods, the driver could have avoided being hit. We hold our drivers to a higher standard then the law, and when the employee is between our standards and the law, it's avoidable.

Again, all it really does is cost a safe driving award, and a few days off. Relatively speaking no big deal.

A

anonymous6

I find it disturbing that a young man was killed and another has to live with this for the rest of his or her life and all you are concerned about is putting down management.

I find it disturbing that a young man was killed and another has to live with this for the rest of his or her life and all you are concerned about is putting down management.
Yes I am sorry that somebody lost their life and a UPS driver was involved.
I am trying to touch on when something out of your control happens, somebody from management who wasn't there will likely conclude that the UPS driver was at fault someway. I have seen it several times. It is ashame when your out there doing the best job you can do and something happens that is out of your hands but you get blamed for it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Again, all it really does is cost a safe driving award, and a few days off. Relatively speaking no big deal.

Its probably no big deal to the safety committee nitwit who is passing judgement from behind a desk...but to the driver in the real world who is being punished even though he didnt do anything wrong, it is a big deal.