11:56

bbsam

Staff member
You didn't answer my question. If I sound bitter at least I have a reason. Yeah I know things at Express are going down the crapper but all I've been hearing from you is how great Ground is, we're gonna do this and we're gonna do that blah, blah, blah. Ground hasn't even inheirited one piece of Express Saver freight yet but you've already got out the champagne and have been toasting away in happy celebration. Get the volume first, then JUST DO IT!
Well you need to talk to others around here then. You are hearing it alot more from them than me. And if it all turns out to be BS, I'm still sitting pretty. All indication though suggest that the only thing I missed on was the timetable. So be bitter if you want, but it really is out of our hands.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Hey bbsam, have you told your drivers about what's happening? Just curious because I was talking to the ground driver at one of my stops today and he had no clue about what's happening.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Ok, I guess this guy's contractor just treats his drivers like the mushrooms that they are. If I had to work for ground, I do believe that I would come find you sir, you seem to be one of the few that doesn't have his head so far up his butt that he has to sneeze to see daylight...lol

Ricochet1a

Most Ground contractors AREN'T looking ahead to the future of FedEx. Among the mercenaries of Ground, bbsam is non-typical in this regard. Most of the contractors are looking at just the operation as they see it (and as they are told it will function), and aren't going to the effort of "sticking their head up", taking a look around and trying to gauge the direction and intensity of the future winds. Business professionals do that (it is what they are paid to do), and in all fairness - the typical Ground contractor isn't what I'd call "professional" when it comes to forecasting business trends.

bbsam

Staff member
I think somewhere in there is couched a mild compliment, so thanks.

Alot of the contractors are not paying close attention. Some I think it's because they struggle to keep up with the day to day grind. We do pretty good in our station because all of our ISP's have several years of multiple route contract ownership behind them. This month will mark my 18th year as a contractor. It really has been an interesting growth to be a part of. I do plan on another 20 years or so, but I will keep my head up to judge the winds of change, fair or foul.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I think somewhere in there is couched a mild compliment, so thanks.
I've said, before, that I appreciate your input. You seem like a straight shooter.
If I was in the quad cities (wherever the hell that is) and things tanked at Express, I'd be looking you up to be your go-to-guy.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
"Game show buzzer sound"
Sorry BB, I can't, and never had, lived anywhere where I can't see an ocean within an hour's drive.