11:56

thedownhillEXPRESS

I am moving the express doomsday clock ahead one minute.
Todays buyout announcement is helping to.fuel the fear of impending doom.
Animosity towards ground is getting ugly, as now even the deniers are starting to realize its happening, The Big Shiftover!!

Ricochet1a

I am moving the express doomsday clock ahead one minute.
Todays buyout announcement is helping to.fuel the fear of impending doom.
Animosity towards ground is getting ugly, as now even the deniers are starting to realize its happening, The Big Shiftover!!

The Doomsday Clock WASN'T an "indicator" of how long till the air bursts started going off. It was an indication of how close to disaster the world was. The assumption was that disaster could be avoided, if only the right steps were taken.

In the case of Express, the disaster has already been decided upon. It is just unfolding in slow motion.

The clock was set at 12:00 back in 2008 - the decision was made back then to reorganize Express. The only things that held them back were: 1) Legality of the Ground IC model, 2) Uncertainty regarding the capability of Ground to meet service requirements, 3) Need to prevent Express from unionizing should the change be performed too quickly, and 4) Ability to implement technology in Express to replace the need for an experienced, career Courier workforce.

All of these "fears" of FedEx have been dealt with.

So rather than using a "thermonuclear" analogy, use one of an impending tidal wave.

The sea water has retreated from the beach and has exposed large areas which are normally under a few feet of water. The wise realize that a tidal wave is about to hit and head towards higher ground. The curious head out to look at all the neat things they can find past the normal low tide level - not realizing that in a short while, they'll be swept over by a force which will most certainly kill them.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Any one who has visited this forum knows all that.
But many have no concept of what is occuring.
For me, its like going to a suspense movie in which you know the ending, and observing those around you while they try to figure it out.
The clock might have struck midnight in 2008, but for thousands of Express employees, their clocks say 11:56

vantexan

For me, its like going to a suspense movie in which you know the ending, and observing those around you while they try to figure it out.
The clock might have struck midnight in 2008, but for thousands of Express employees, their clocks say 11:56

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick..........................................

texan

So sad... I do not know what to say...I wish I had better words.
I have been following this, and find no pleasure in all of this.
texan

bbsam

Staff member
So sad... I do not know what to say...I wish I had better words.
I have been following this, and find no pleasure in all of this.
texan

It might be too late for Express, but you could spread the word to UPSers you know. The next victim of this assault will be the UPS/Teamster's contract in 2013.

Ricochet1a

It might be too late for Express, but you could spread the word to UPSers you know. The next victim of this assault will be the UPS/Teamster's contract in 2013.

The Couriers of Express still are in denial in regards to what is about to happen to them.

Do you think the drivers of UPS realize the tsunami will eventually overcome them too?

**Fred

I can see in the meeting this morning at my station ,look like no one care what gonna happen to them as long as they can get some hours . The funny thing in my station is there a guy who was in team lead position pilot program that should last only one month still get paid extra 3% plus he can work 12 hours a day plus 8 hours on Sat ( 6 days total ) . Its insane in my station but Senior and Op manager turn blind eyes when someone complain about it . Well, if someone talk about this guy the Op manager will give them more hours to get them mounth shut .Its suck but true . Kiss Ass will grown in carrier 555 .

Last edited by a moderator:

bbsam

Staff member
The Couriers of Express still are in denial in regards to what is about to happen to them.

Do you think the drivers of UPS realize the tsunami will eventually overcome them too?
No. They will make the same mistake that many at Express made of dismissing Ground and not realizing the improvements that have been made over the years. That's ok, though.

DontThrowPackages

I've said already, Brown drivers should not balk at their next contract offer. This time around, they have no leverage thanks to Green. Can you imagine a Brown walkout and everyone is wondering why Green has stopped running? It because they scabbed their way over to a place where they will do the exact same job but at 3Xs the pay, vacation and medical. Yes Brown has no Leverage this time around. Would be a very bad day for the Green owners and the Brown drivers for sure. Heck, might even see Purple break an ankle to change colors. July 31 2013 could be a very interesting time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Probably not. Why don't you go over there and lecture them about it?