13 per hour and 9 month benefits

35years

Gravy route
Any raises negotiated under the "ratified" new contract will be retroactive to Aug 1 2018. They will be paid in the form of a back pay check only after all regional and local agreements are ratified.

Until then we are working under the old contract. So the seasonal hires probably won't get their raise/ back pay when they hit the road in January. UPS makes off like a bandit. See why they are in no hurry.

WTFm8

Tell them to go to amazon where they start out at 15-17 an hour with benefits on the first day....

$15.75 is what my brother just started at, it’s like $25/mo for all the insuranes and they’re comparable to ours. Tops out at just under $20/hr after just 3 years.

He’s trying for weekend shift, Fri-Tues, it pays $18.75 to start and peaks mid $22 cause nobody wants to do it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
$15.75 is what my brother just started at, it’s like $25/mo for all the insuranes and they’re comparable to ours. Tops out at just under $20/hr after just 3 years.

He’s trying for weekend shift, Fri-Tues, it pays $18.75 to start and peaks mid $22 cause nobody wants to do it.
How old is your bro???

Heffalump

So what kind of vacation is offered? Any sick time? What happens when stuff goes missing? Can you slow down if your extremly tired? and in terms of pay rate...you have to take into account commute? single? Dependents? Amongst various other worldclass operational measures?

BuckyBadger

So what kind of vacation is offered? Any sick time? What happens when stuff goes missing? Can you slow down if your extremly tired? and in terms of pay rate...you have to take into account commute? single? Dependents? Amongst various other worldclass operational measures?
The only thing UPS does better than Amazon is offering driving. And a lot of people don't want to drive. Just give it a rest, UPS is not the gold standard amongst all of its competitors for entry pay jobs.

BuckyBadger

The only thing UPS does better than Amazon is offering driving. And a lot of people don't want to drive. Just give it a rest, UPS is not the gold standard amongst all of its competitors for entry pay jobs. Amazon sucks to work out but no worse than UPS. Round here all of the warehouse jobs pay better have better benefits and work less hours at Christmas time

The only thing UPS does better than Amazon is offering driving. And a lot of people don't want to drive. Just give it a rest, UPS is not the gold standard amongst all of its competitors for entry pay jobs. Amazon sucks to work out but no worse than UPS. Round here all of the warehouse jobs pay better have better benefits and work less hours at Christmas time
Gotta think long term .How many weeks vacation, do they offer a pension?

BuckyBadger

My friend, what you and the brothren fail to understand is not everyone wants to go driving. And if you don't want to go driving, there's not a whole lot else to do that is different than warehouse jobs financially. This unfortunately is also UPS's understanding, and then they wonder why they don't have people to work preloading and reloading

Heavy Package

The only thing UPS does better than Amazon is offering driving. And a lot of people don't want to drive. Just give it a rest, UPS is not the gold standard amongst all of its competitors for entry pay jobs.

At UPS you can be a porter as well.

If-You-Find-More-Disgusting-Toilet-Dont-Show-It-Me.jpg

AwashBwashCwash

Can anyone check if I have this right -
I read that apparently the new 9 month wait for benefits goes into effect if you were hired on or after 8/1/2018.
So if someone started in July, they have to wait the full year, while someone who started in August gets their benefits first, despite starting a month later.

ALSO -
Per contract the new starting wage on 8/1/2019 will be $14.00 an hour.
However the progression from $13 only gives a $.70 raise after 1 year.
So again, if someone started in July 2018 they will be making $13.70 on 8/1/2019, while someone who walks in for their first day on the same date will be making $.30 more than them.
Do I have all this right?

542thruNthru

I read that apparently the new 9 month wait for benefits goes into effect if you were hired on or after 8/1/2018.
So if someone started in July, they have to wait the full year, while someone who started in August gets their benefits first, despite starting a month later.

ALSO -
So again, if someone started in July 2018 they will be making $13.70 on 8/1/2019, while someone who walks in for their first day on the same date will be making $.30 more than them.

You will not have to wait a year for benefits also you will get what ever raise is higher. So you'll be paid the same as a new hire.

Goku

ALSO -

You don't have it right. You will get whatever raise is higher. In this case you'd get the full increase to $14 to make just as much as someone brand new. The difference between the two will be seniority. People who have been employed for 3-4 years are the group that got shafted the most.