14 Yrs. w/UPS 12 cover driving- DQ'd for FT driver pos. "OnTopic"

thug life

If he's been DQed twice already in that short amount of time then maybe he never qualified? I think we need more info.
Update!!! I took my grievance to panel and they settled, stating that my center manager didn't have enough to DQ me. I was reinstated to my FT probation and allowed to finish my 30 days and passed with no problems. Thanks for all the advice. It helps knowing there are others out there that thought this didn't sound right. The more people thought there was more to the story, the more I knew what happened wasn't right. I just wish this guy wasn't still able to decide others future with the company. He is biased and discriminatory, he shouldn't be in charge of employees outcomes. I have to watch as he continues to harass and bully other employees using FMLA or that he just doesn't like.

thug life

Did your Union Business Agent tell you this ?

Or, are you talking about your local Union Steward ?

You need a notarized statement from your "Union Rep" confirming the fact....

of what was said, by the UPS manager.

Without it, it's just hearsay.

-Bug-
Got the statement, filed the grievance, won at panel, Full time driver as of today.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I still don't understand how someone who was cover for over 10 years has to qualify to become FT.
I know its stupid. But thems the rules. I cover drove for almost ten years. When they called me for full time I had to submit my driving record to hr and go through a 30 day probation for a job I had been doing for almost 10 years. It was a couple years ago for me and I passed no problem but I had a few friends who cover drove forever with me and they dq'd a couple of them too. So stupid. I can tell you they dq'd the guys they didn't like. It's all good now though, with all the work they pile on and with lunch and breaks I can't ever seem to get in before 8.

SCV good to go sir.

I know its stupid. But thems the rules. I cover drove for almost ten years. When they called me for full time I had to submit my driving record to hr and go through a 30 day probation for a job I had been doing for almost 10 years. It was a couple years ago for me and I passed no problem but I had a few friends who cover drove forever with me and they dq'd a couple of them too. So stupid. I can tell you they dq'd the guys they didn't like. It's all good now though, with all the work they pile on and with lunch and breaks I can't ever seem to get in before 8.

I just checked my contract for both utility and cover driver. It says after completion of the 30 days a new driver is given the utility job. Is the wording in your contract different? That would be really weird to consider a cover driver a new driver.

reginald95

In my center a few of the cover drivers were just told one day that their "30 day period starts today." Then when they passed they just got told they made it in. No paperwork or anything. If you're a good driver chances are they won't mess with you.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
In my center a few of the cover drivers were just told one day that their "30 day period starts today." Then when they passed they just got told they made it in. No paperwork or anything. If you're a good driver chances are they won't mess with you.
We all have to do the 30 day probation when going from part time to full time. Regardless of what your part time position was. The only thing a cover driver or air driver doesn't have to do again is the driver training class