$15/hr for air?!

reginald95

Just checked my time card. Called me in on my day off to do air. I was told if they called you in on your off day you got OT.

Now the dude who arranged it is saying that’s the air rate. WTF? Air has gotta be the most valuable stuff too.

Is that normal?

View attachment 394407

You’re not an air driver. If they bring you in to run air that’s their problem. You’re still supposed to be paid at your driving position. (whatever position you applied for)

That’s like if they asked me a rpcd to come in and do air for a few hours and they decided to pay me at air rate. Not gonna happen.

Talk to the guy about if so he can fix it. If not file a grievance.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
@mcsketcher one thing to remember is to “them“ we are all just seven digit numbers with certain qualifications. Please do talk to your steward and report back how you make out. Setting a precedent has probably been done repeatedly before you even found yourself in your current situation. Your steward or BA are really the only ones who can explain your rights as they differ greatly from local to local and contract to contract across the country.

@mcsketcher one thing to remember is to “them“ we are all just seven digit numbers with certain qualifications. Please do talk to your steward and report back how you make out. Setting a precedent has probably been done repeatedly before you even found yourself in your current situation. Your steward or BA are really the only ones who can explain your rights as they differ greatly from local to local and contract to contract across the country.
We have Reg temp drivers here. When they do ground work they get paid their progression rate. They were considered part time so if they do a different job such as delivering air only or working inside they don't get the driver pay rate

mcsketcher

McDonald's in my town STARTS you out at $19 an hour.
This right here. I will not drive for UPS for $15/hr. I don’t care what precedent has been set in the past. I don’t care what the :censored2: contract lets them try to do to me.

I can bounce and find another job. I’ve already gotten fed so much BS. First was told I was hired as a FT driver M-friend. I accepted that offer, over the phone, then 2 months later I’m still unemployed. I only got actually hired, with an actual paper offer as a PT mule cuz I kept showing up in person at the center asking WTF was up. Took multiple visits and more lies to get in. Then the BS everyone knows once you’re in.

BrownStains

Ya but do you want to flip burgers or drive a ups truck? 15 an hour sucks now but if you stick it out and get some seniority then you can have a good paying job that’s far better than McDonald’s . you just have to put up with the management bs and lies. I’ve been at ups for 20 years and it’s always been that way. Just work hard and do what they tell you. If they’re ripping you off on pay and not following the contract then let the union people deal with it , that’s their jobs.

Last edited:

mcsketcher

Ya but do you want to flip burgers or drive a ups truck? 15 an hour sucks now but if you stick it out and get some seniority then you can have a good paying job that’s far better than McDonald’s . you just have to put up with the management bs and lies. I’ve been at ups for 20 years and it’s always been that way. Just work hard and do what they tell you. If they’re ripping you off on pay and not following the contract then let the union people deal with it , that’s their jobs.
I was more pointing out there are options to start with that don’t include taking a severe pay cut whenever the Co feels like screwing you. Not that I’d try to get a job at McDs.

I def won’t just do anything they tell me. Once I refused the $30 2 hour day, I wasn’t told to do it. I won’t let them waste my time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just checked my time card. Called me in on my day off to do air. I was told if they called you in on your off day you got OT.

Now the dude who arranged it is saying that’s the air rate. WTF? Air has gotta be the most valuable stuff too.

Is that normal?

View attachment 394407
Just say no.

Our illustrious union negotiates all wages. Why blame the company?

mcsketcher

Just say no.

Our illustrious union negotiates all wages. Why blame the company?
And ask no questions. Yep. Got that down.

I blame the guy who knowingly wasted my time once and then when he tried to do it again and I said no, he threatened me. He works for the Co’s interest, which means max profit at all costs.