19 Black workers sue UPS for hostile work environment.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by the_brown_note, Mar 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. the_brown_note

the_brown_note feels brown, man

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-racism/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.25db37c6dbec

What do you all think about this? In my building personally, I have never experienced any sort of racism or discrimination based on race. I work in SoCal so almost all the workers are Mexican but overall it’s a healthy mix and we all get along great I’m glad to say. I’m ashamed that the company allowed these workers to get bullied in this manner. I hope they win and teach management to take reports of harassment more seriously.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. rod

rod retired and happy

UPS is a hostile work environment for everybody. Sounds like a bunch of crybabies to me looking for some easy money.

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  3. Lord of Cardboard

Lord of Cardboard New Member

More fake news

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Is sounds like a few brain dead a-whole's made racist comments, the clown hanging a noose was fired, the driver got his job back.

Why didn't these employees go to the union?

5. Dough99

Dough99 Member

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We do stuff like that every Friday here .Helps build employee morale .

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The effected employees were PT.

8. Wrong

Wrong :))

UPS reminds me of boot camp from full metal jacket. We are all equally worthless to them, they don’t discriminate.

9. Wrong

Wrong :))

One thing I don’t agree with is managers not being black.

All my center managers have been black or women. Majority of supervisors in my building are minority, with a majority of the minorities being black.

Either way, I’m glad the peckerwoods are getting fired and management hung out to dry. Hanging nooses is some neo-confederate bull:censored2: and I wouldn’t feel safe in that kind of environment either if I was black.

I hope they get paid enough to show up to work like this.

10. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Oh great another cry baby snowflake SoCal member! Somebody quickly tell him how horrible California is!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Active Member

California sucks!! there

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Mooseknuckle

Actually, California would be the best place on Earth if 40 million people would find another place to live (except the hot ones).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  13. Baba gounj

Baba gounj خروج مرحلة اليسار

I carry spare rescue lines in all my vehicles, some just happen to have some fancy knots. The kid next door prepares them for me. His great grand ma was a Blackfoot.

14. Mooseknuckle

Huh?

15. the_brown_note

the_brown_note feels brown, man

How am I being a cry baby? If anything, UPS weeds out the snowflakes. We get a lot of volume down here so there aren’t any pusillanimous were I work. Where do you work btw? Probably out in the boonies where you get 20 trailers a night if you’re lucky.

16. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Jersey Wiseguy

Tell him! He doesn’t even work, spends half his time at delicious micro breweries for lunch. He’s a real SOB.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Still, they are union members. They could shut that crap down faster than going through Management.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Probably made with Mexican water from
    That :censored2:hole tijuana so the brew while tasting great give you the :censored2:s for a week.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I work in America's finest city. Not some SoCal hell hole like LA or Vernon.

:)

20. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

Ups wont do 2 things. Allow bad press and treat black workers like White and Mexican workers. I'm sure there is Asian workers in San Fran but probably no where else eh.