19 Black workers sue UPS for hostile work environment.

the_brown_note

feels brown, man
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-racism/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.25db37c6dbec

What do you all think about this? In my building personally, I have never experienced any sort of racism or discrimination based on race. I work in SoCal so almost all the workers are Mexican but overall it’s a healthy mix and we all get along great I’m glad to say. I’m ashamed that the company allowed these workers to get bullied in this manner. I hope they win and teach management to take reports of harassment more seriously.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is sounds like a few brain dead a-whole's made racist comments, the clown hanging a noose was fired, the driver got his job back.

Why didn't these employees go to the union?

Dough99

90161BED-1ACE-4DEC-8424-C66CABBAD473.jpeg

El Correcto

god is dead
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-racism/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.25db37c6dbec

What do you all think about this? In my building personally, I have never experienced any sort of racism or discrimination based on race. I work in SoCal so almost all the workers are Mexican but overall it’s a healthy mix and we all get along great I’m glad to say. I’m ashamed that the company allowed these workers to get bullied in this manner. I hope they win and teach management to take reports of harassment more seriously.
UPS reminds me of boot camp from full metal jacket. We are all equally worthless to them, they don’t discriminate.

El Correcto

god is dead
One thing I don’t agree with is managers not being black.

All my center managers have been black or women. Majority of supervisors in my building are minority, with a majority of the minorities being black.

Either way, I’m glad the peckerwoods are getting fired and management hung out to dry. Hanging nooses is some neo-confederate bull:censored2: and I wouldn’t feel safe in that kind of environment either if I was black.

I hope they get paid enough to show up to work like this.

542thruNthru

Oh great another cry baby snowflake SoCal member! Somebody quickly tell him how horrible California is!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I carry spare rescue lines in all my vehicles, some just happen to have some fancy knots. The kid next door prepares them for me. His great grand ma was a Blackfoot.

the_brown_note

feels brown, man
Oh great another cry baby snowflake SoCal member! Somebody quickly tell him how horrible California is!
How am I being a cry baby? If anything, UPS weeds out the snowflakes. We get a lot of volume down here so there aren’t any pusillanimous were I work. Where do you work btw? Probably out in the boonies where you get 20 trailers a night if you’re lucky.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How am I being a cry baby? If anything, UPS weeds out the snowflakes. We get a lot of volume down here so there aren’t any pusillanimous were I work. Where do you work btw? Probably out in the boonies where you get 20 trailers a night if you’re lucky.
Tell him! He doesn’t even work, spends half his time at delicious micro breweries for lunch. He’s a real SOB.

542thruNthru

I work in America's finest city. Not some SoCal hell hole like LA or Vernon.

:)

Staydryitsraining

Ups wont do 2 things. Allow bad press and treat black workers like White and Mexican workers. I'm sure there is Asian workers in San Fran but probably no where else eh.