1984 in america. orwell rolls in his grave

vantexan

i never said it was all trump
Trump isn't pushing us toward total government control. Here's what you aren't getting. You like to attack the government. It's a free country, that's your right. If the day comes that these people completely take over the country and you speak out against them you may find your door kicked in and you drug away. Maybe you go do hard labor, maybe they just execute you. I used to think when the Soviet Union collapsed that now we can push on and develop a better world. But turns out many of our own citizens are infected with this ideology and they work tirelessly to spread it. The only thing standing in the way is gun ownership. That and a military and police force who take an oath to defend the Constitution. Defunding the police isn't about police brutality. It's one of many steps they'll take to seize power. Using people's emotions to get what they want.

rickyb

Thank you Rickyb. That might be your best post.
they dont even use their first amendment when theyre supposed to, why would they use the second. freedom to assemble is much easier than pulling the trigger. the second amendment to defend against govt is just a myth anyways.

vantexan

they dont even use their first amendment when theyre supposed to, why would they use the second. freedom to assemble is much easier than pulling the trigger. the second amendment to defend against govt is just a myth anyways.
Ask the Japanese. They said they didn't invade the U.S. because of all our guns.

rickyb

Trump isn't pushing us toward total government control. Here's what you aren't getting. You like to attack the government. It's a free country, that's your right. If the day comes that these people completely take over the country and you speak out against them you may find your door kicked in and you drug away. Maybe you go do hard labor, maybe they just execute you. I used to think when the Soviet Union collapsed that now we can push on and develop a better world. But turns out many of our own citizens are infected with this ideology and they work tirelessly to spread it. The only thing standing in the way is gun ownership. That and a military and police force who take an oath to defend the Constitution. Defunding the police isn't about police brutality. It's one of many steps they'll take to seize power. Using people's emotions to get what they want.
trump increasingly acts like a lawless king just like W bush and obama. you already have people who are speaking out and look what obama did to them. police violate the constitution all the time. i will post about serpico in defund our police thread. he describes the as a virus of corruption. the country isnt based on principles like defending the constitution, its based on profits and keeping your head down. the military barely went against trump during the BLM protests.

vantexan

trump increasingly acts like a lawless king just like W bush and obama. you already have people who are speaking out and look what obama did to them. police violate the constitution all the time. i will post about serpico in defund our police thread. he describes the as a virus of corruption. the country isnt based on principles like defending the constitution, its based on profits and keeping your head down. the military barely went against trump during the BLM protests.
Except Trump showed restraint all through the riots, didn't act like a "lawless king." You have a rich fantasy life.

rickyb

Then what, exactly?
you can look up king and when ralph nader has used it to describe w bush, obama and trump. long story short, they are likely taking more power for themselves and taking it away from other branches of govt like congress. for example all 3 regularily violated congress responsibility for wars.