2 Center Managers Gone!

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Listen People, this is the same thing in sports. What did Mike Brown do differently this year than last year. Mo Williams, now your gonna tell me that the guys in the locker room were motivated less last year than this one? Hummmm, seems like everything else, when times are good, you look good, on roads look good, and managers look good. But when times are bad they take raises, 401k matches, and cut the stock match. But the CEO gets 110 increase. So, moral of the story or my rambling is WHEN ITS GOOD ALL IS GOOD AND WHEN IT IS BAD ALL IS BAD>>>>>>>>>> jmo

Remember Circuit City, the CEO fired all the higher paying employees for newbie and the CEO got a huge bonus for doing such a great thing and then POW, no more Circuit City.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Remember Circuit City, the CEO fired all the higher paying employees for newbie and the CEO got a huge bonus for doing such a great thing and then POW, no more Circuit City.....

One of the reasons Circuit City is no longer here are the newbies who did not have the technical knowledge that the displaced employees had and customers were frustrated in not being able to get answers to their technical questions. I have no problem with saving money but not at the expense of service.

CRASH501

"Numbers", as you put it, is not a game, it is a direct result of effective leadership, which every management person accepts as required when they become UPS (as opposed to working FOR UPS). If the center manager's were not reaching their goal, then they were NOT effective leaders. Period. Whatever politics you suspect were considered in the decision to ask for their resignation wouldn't have come into play if they were supervising their team effectively. Management at ALL TIMES holds its future in its own hands.

Cheers, and stay safe out there.
.GREAT SPEACH.
PURE BULL BUT GREAT SPEACH
I HAVE SEEN SUPERVISORS GET SH.. CANNED ON SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET 1 YES 1 DRIVERS SPOHR UP . SAID DEIVERS OJS WAS ABOUT 11 DURING THAT OJS PERIOD THE SUPERVISOR TORE HIS ACL WHILE PLAYING BALL WITH HIS SON , SO THE FINAL 2 DAYS OF THE OJS WAS DONE BY AN OFF CENTER SUPERVISOR . WELL SUPERVISOR COMES BACK TO FULL DUTY AFTER SURGERY AND 2 WEEKS OF RIDING A DESK AND THIS DRIVERS LOAD WAS ATTROCIOUS DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY .
BY THE WAY THIS DRIVER WON HIS BID ON THE ROUTE 1 WEEK PRIOR , AND HAD NEVER RAN THE LOAD AS A COVER DRIVER.
WELL ANYWAY THIS DRIVER IS PULLING MID 9's FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT , MISSED PCS , AND HOUSING PROJECTS IN THE LOAD THAT WERE NOT LOADED DURING THE OJS . SO THE SUPERVISOR IS INSTRUCTED TO LEAN ON THE DRIVER AND THEN FOLLOW HIM AROUND VISIBLY TO TRY AND GET THESE NUMBERS UP.
THESE HOUSING PROJECTS ARE LITERALLY 4 BUILDINGS THAT ARE SET UPHILL 1/2 -1 SHORT BLOCK AWAY FROM THE ROAD , AND DRIVING CLOSER WAS NOT AN OPTION.
WELL THE DRIVERS NUMBERS NEVER IMPROVED AND THIS SUPERVISOR WAS TERMINATED FOR FAILURE TO PERFORM HIS DUTIES , THE DRIVER WAS PULLED INTO THE OFFICE FOR NOT MAINTAING SPOHR AND AFTER UNION INVOLVEMENT WASNT GIVEN SO MUCH AS A VERBAL BECAUSE OF THE POOR OJS.
SO TO SAY YOU ARE UPS , IS IN MY OPPINION BULLSH.T WE MAKE OR BREAK YOU !!!
SITUATION # 2.
RECENTLY OUTSIDE OF MY HUB ANOTHER MANAGER WAS MADE EXAMPLE OF BECAUSE HIS NUMBERS WERENT 100% .
THIS GUY HAD BEEN GIVEN HIS PROMOTION TO MANAGER ABOUT A YEAR EARLIER AND THE CENTER HE WALKED INTO WAS IN BAD SHAPE OVERALL.
YET THEIR ARE FULL TIME PRE-LOAD SUPERVISORS WHO ARE SKIRTING THROUGH THE SYSTEM AFTER BEING DEMOTED FOR PADDING THEIR NUMBERS AS CENTER MANAGERS , SIMPLY BECAUSE OF WHO THEY KNOW..
SO AS I SEE IT AND MANY DRIVERS AND SOME MANAGEMENT MIGHT AGREE . CONSIDERING ALL THE SMOKE YOU GUYS BLOW UP OUR A..ES " WE ARE THE PROFESSIONALS OUT THERE , WE ARE THE FACE OF U.P.S. SO THEREFORE WE THE SERVICE PROVIDERS " WE ARE UPS "

sano

.GREAT SPEACH.
PURE BULL BUT GREAT SPEACH
I HAVE SEEN SUPERVISORS GET SH.. CANNED ON SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET 1 YES 1 DRIVERS SPOHR UP . SAID DEIVERS OJS WAS ABOUT 11 DURING THAT OJS PERIOD THE SUPERVISOR TORE HIS ACL WHILE PLAYING BALL WITH HIS SON , SO THE FINAL 2 DAYS OF THE OJS WAS DONE BY AN OFF CENTER SUPERVISOR . WELL SUPERVISOR COMES BACK TO FULL DUTY AFTER SURGERY AND 2 WEEKS OF RIDING A DESK AND THIS DRIVERS LOAD WAS ATTROCIOUS DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY .
BY THE WAY THIS DRIVER WON HIS BID ON THE ROUTE 1 WEEK PRIOR , AND HAD NEVER RAN THE LOAD AS A COVER DRIVER.
WELL ANYWAY THIS DRIVER IS PULLING MID 9's FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT , MISSED PCS , AND HOUSING PROJECTS IN THE LOAD THAT WERE NOT LOADED DURING THE OJS . SO THE SUPERVISOR IS INSTRUCTED TO LEAN ON THE DRIVER AND THEN FOLLOW HIM AROUND VISIBLY TO TRY AND GET THESE NUMBERS UP.
THESE HOUSING PROJECTS ARE LITERALLY 4 BUILDINGS THAT ARE SET UPHILL 1/2 -1 SHORT BLOCK AWAY FROM THE ROAD , AND DRIVING CLOSER WAS NOT AN OPTION.
WELL THE DRIVERS NUMBERS NEVER IMPROVED AND THIS SUPERVISOR WAS TERMINATED FOR FAILURE TO PERFORM HIS DUTIES , THE DRIVER WAS PULLED INTO THE OFFICE FOR NOT MAINTAING SPOHR AND AFTER UNION INVOLVEMENT WASNT GIVEN SO MUCH AS A VERBAL BECAUSE OF THE POOR OJS.
SO TO SAY YOU ARE UPS , IS IN MY OPPINION BULLSH.T WE MAKE OR BREAK YOU !!!
SITUATION # 2.
RECENTLY OUTSIDE OF MY HUB ANOTHER MANAGER WAS MADE EXAMPLE OF BECAUSE HIS NUMBERS WERENT 100% .
THIS GUY HAD BEEN GIVEN HIS PROMOTION TO MANAGER ABOUT A YEAR EARLIER AND THE CENTER HE WALKED INTO WAS IN BAD SHAPE OVERALL.
YET THEIR ARE FULL TIME PRE-LOAD SUPERVISORS WHO ARE SKIRTING THROUGH THE SYSTEM AFTER BEING DEMOTED FOR PADDING THEIR NUMBERS AS CENTER MANAGERS , SIMPLY BECAUSE OF WHO THEY KNOW..
SO AS I SEE IT AND MANY DRIVERS AND SOME MANAGEMENT MIGHT AGREE . CONSIDERING ALL THE SMOKE YOU GUYS BLOW UP OUR A..ES " WE ARE THE PROFESSIONALS OUT THERE , WE ARE THE FACE OF U.P.S. SO THEREFORE WE THE SERVICE PROVIDERS " WE ARE UPS "

All caps is the internet equivalent to screaming.

CRASH501

YOU ARE RIGHT BUT THERE ARE 2 SIMPLE FACTORS HERE .
1 . im not screaming i just never shut my capslock for password reasons.
2 i really dont care.......lol this is actually one of the few sites if im not mistaken that used to automatically switch your post down to lowercase font.
oh and 3 lol did i mention i can be a real a..h.le @ times .
if that past was of a sensative nature i would understand your concern a little more but maybe just maybe a comment like yours should have been sent via private mailbox.
JUST MY 2 CENTS

YOU ARE RIGHT BUT THERE ARE 2 SIMPLE FACTORS HERE .
1 . im not screaming i just never shut my capslock for password reasons.
2 i really dont care.......lol this is actually one of the few sites if im not mistaken that used to automatically switch your post down to lowercase font.
oh and 3 lol did i mention i can be a real a..h.le @ times .
if that past was of a sensative nature i would understand your concern a little more but maybe just maybe a comment like yours should have been sent via private mailbox.
JUST MY 2 CENTS
I don't really care if it appeared you were screaming, I read it that way guessing you were. Which I fully understand.

Docparcel79

Here in the NorthEast we got one center manager gone for "Fudging Numbers" and rumor is that 3 sups(not in the same building center manager and Sups) got fired for tampering with time cards. Sad to see in these tough times anyone lose their jobs. Why do they do the things they do? Is numbers that important??

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The numbers are everything to a company that answers to shareholders. Nothing is done for the long term it seems...unless long term has had its definition changed to "quarterly results."

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
The numbers are everything to a company that answers to shareholders. Nothing is done for the long term it seems...unless long term has had its definition changed to "quarterly results."

And hence the problem with so many American corporations. They look at 60, 90 days out. How many are doing strategic planning? In this economy, planning is the quickest and easiest thing to cut. In 6 months or a year, the same will not be the case. When the labor market picks up again, these companies are going to be in trouble. -Rocky

A

anonymous6

UPS is in the process of buying back the 10 percent of stock that was offered in the 1999 IPO. Now is a great time to accelerate that buy back. Unfortunately, since center manager's are awarded a lot of stock, it's the old, "two birds with one stone" rule. Not only do they get a bargain basement price for their stock, but now there are less center manager's to award it to.

do you have a link for this?