2 for one.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The real problem with dupe labels is that UPS just doesnt care enough about it to do anything to fix it. Same old bandaid approch mentioned by everyone. NOT one person asked how these pkgs make it through intial sort without the label being caught as a dupe, then sorted at destination and scanned in and assigned a PAS label (again) without being detected.

Why hasnt UPS figured out a way to catch these shipper thieves in the sort process? How does the system allow itself to assign a pas label to a duplicate label in the first place? Why isnt the dupe caught, and a new 1z assigned to the pkg and the customer charged? Regardless of whether or not they were banded together and separated, once that happened, they are two pkgs. Banded pkgs are NOT allowed in our system in the first place, but NOBODY has the balls to tell AVON to stop doing it.

There are many shipper cheats in our system and rather than find them, UPS would rather waste its time worrying about 2 minutes between stops.

Yep they have bigger fish to fry....their cheating no good workforce..

The most common types of cheats with multiple labels are multi pkgs going to the same address, nobody checks them begining with the pu driver and continuing to the delivery driver where "They" have to deal with it.

IF revenue is such a hot issue, then maybe the IE geeks can figure out a way to detect this problem at the pickup origin or at origin point at hub and correct it then. Until then, we will continue to place bandaids on a million dollar cut.

Peace

TOS

brown bomber

brown bomber
Thats what I also do, and I note in the remarks column.

also remove both bar codes and give them to an auditor or your OMS...whatever you do don't give them to a supervisor, they will do NOTHING...at least that's what I did..........I also gave myself credit for the pkgs. (duplicate stop).....they have the duplicate labels (barcodes).....my :censored2: is covered

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Regardless of how we take care of it on route, the problem is clearly systemic as we ALL seem to see the same variations of dupe labels. If each of us did this twice a day everyday, that would total millions of dollars in lost revenue. Something the company should address no matter WHO it pisses off.

With the savings, maybe they could buy us some decent trucks to drive that dont smoke up entire neighborhood streets and pollute the air.

Peace

TOS

brownIEman

brownIEman, I was told not to worry about this issue. Is that true? Are they being charged somehow along the way?

Depends. If it is broken bands, then yes. If it is non UPS shipping software that is doing something odd w/ shipments then probably yes. If it is just printing a dup label, whether a new shipping clerk who does not know beyer or intentionally cheating, then no. At the very least, if a paten with a specific shipper is noticed, BD and or LP should be notified.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wouldn't closed loop billing take care of this?

Don't you know?

No, think about it.

No

Lol...that's pretty funny..

Yea I thought so also but I really can't believe he doesn't know. I'm so disappointed

Upstate has taken a new approach.
He no longer knows everything.
I like it.

He's feverishly trying to figure it out.

Come on Dave???
Closed loop/same tracking number????

He can't learn it that quick. It won't last who he is will take over.

For dup tracking #'s no, for voiding packages as TOS described and upstate replied to, yes.

Vindication is best served with a side of "I told you so."

DS, ce que c'est votre problème?