2 pay questions - On Topic, unless you're really funny ;)

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Quite a few of us this morning were wondering about pay today, it being our 6th punch. Our hub had us report this past Sunday, so today was our 6th punch (a majority of us anyway). No one seemed to know if we would be receiving OT today. Quite a few senior drivers were wondering and other senior drivers "knew" the answer, but they all gave different answers. We were paid double time, per our contract, on Sunday. Does that effect today's pay being OT because it is the 6th punch? Contract says 6th punch is OT and Sundays are DT, I wouldn't think working on Sunday and it being DT per contract would negate a 6th punch OT pay also per our contract, but thought I would ask.

2nd question is just to clarify for me and has nothing to do with the above question. I am a Reg/Temp (not seasonal) so I apologize for the newb question. However, I know it is anything over 8 is OT, anything over 40 is OT. I am trying to figure out if it is anything over 40 hours straight time, so I only get 8 hours towards the 40 per day, or if it is anything over 40 which the 40 includes the OT hours already paid. Say I worked 4 days at 11 hours a day, take out lunch and I have 40 hours worked, but only 32 hours straight time, will Friday be OT, or will it be another 8 hours straight time and anything after 8 being OT as usual.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Quite a few of us this morning were wondering about pay today, it being our 6th punch. Our hub had us report this past Sunday, so today was our 6th punch (a majority of us anyway). No one seemed to know if we would be receiving OT today. Quite a few senior drivers were wondering and other senior drivers "knew" the answer, but they all gave different answers. We were paid double time, per our contract, on Sunday. Does that effect today's pay being OT because it is the 6th punch? Contract says 6th punch is OT and Sundays are DT, I wouldn't think working on Sunday and it being DT per contract would negate a 6th punch OT pay also per our contract, but thought I would ask.

2nd question is just to clarify for me and has nothing to do with the above question. I am a Reg/Temp (not seasonal) so I apologize for the newb question. However, I know it is anything over 8 is OT, anything over 40 is OT. I am trying to figure out if it is anything over 40 hours straight time, so I only get 8 hours towards the 40 per day, or if it is anything over 40 which the 40 includes the OT hours already paid. Say I worked 4 days at 11 hours a day, take out lunch and I have 40 hours worked, but only 32 hours straight time, will Friday be OT, or will it be another 8 hours straight time and anything after 8 being OT as usual.
TLDR

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

OT is pretty much on a daily basis. Over 8 is OT.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
OT is pretty much on a daily basis. Over 8 is OT.
Just wanted to double check, I knew the over 8 is OT, I get that daily, don't we all...Just wanted to make sure that when I have worked 47 hours on Thursday that Friday wasn't going to be OT because it was technically after 40 hours. So many people in my building say whatever their left...leg...feels instead of speaking on intelligence and I am still learning all of the caveats. Slowly reading my book...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just wanted to double check, I knew the over 8 is OT, I get that daily, don't we all...Just wanted to make sure that when I have worked 47 hours on Thursday that Friday wasn't going to be OT because it was technically after 40 hours. So many people in my building say whatever their left...leg...feels instead of speaking on intelligence and I am still learning all of the caveats. Slowly reading my book...
It depends on your local....talk to your steward.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's OT after 8 and/or over 40(straight pay) here.
Easiest way to look at it is OT after 8, but that over 8 OT doesn't count towards the 40.

By The Book

Don't be sorry, I was just giving you a hard time. Definitely was a long week. I already took a nap tonight...
I'm pretty sure Sunday is the first day in the week...paid at double time. If you reach 40 hours before Friday's shift...all hours after that should be time and a half. So if you were to work 59 hours this week, your check should show 40 regular, double time for all hours worked on Sunday, and the difference being overtime.

EasyTrucker

I'm pretty sure Sunday is the first day in the week...paid at double time. If you reach 40 hours before Friday's shift...all hours after that should be time and a half. So if you were to work 59 hours this week, your check should show 40 regular, double time for all hours worked on Sunday, and the difference being overtime.
Sunday doesn't count towards your regularly scheduled 40 hours. It says that right in the Sundays and Holidays section.