Code 5 vs Code 6 questions answers and comments

JustDeliverIt

I keep it simple. I’m a 30 year, full-time, guaranteed 8 hours/day driver. I never allow them to code 5 me. There are days, usually on Mondays that I may clock out before 8 hours. The first thing I do when I get to the parking lot is check my time card to make sure that it says pay guarantee. If it doesn’t I walk back in and make sure that they change it. After a few arguments it’s no longer an issue. Also if they’re gonna code 5 you they have to ask you in the morning, not tell you when you’re about to clock out at night.

Had a supe come up to a driver last week after PCM. Said “you worked 7.8 yesterday, it’s ok that I switch it to Code 5 right?” Driver laughed and said no, not my problem. Can’t believe this place sometimes.

Marinedad

Had a supe come up to a driver last week after PCM. Said “you worked 7.8 yesterday, it’s ok that I switch it to Code 5 right?” Driver laughed and said no, not my problem. Can’t believe this place sometimes.
Nothing surprises me at this place anymore. I’m on vacation this week and the driver covering me called me and said they put 215 stops on him today. He said he’s not gonna make 9.5 and the supervisor told him a good driver would make it. Guess I’m not a good driver after 30 years because if I see that many stops when I come back next week it’s gonna be an 11 hour day for me.

FozziesDeliveries

Yup my center has switched from barely doing the TSP back to stops per car again. 9.5s every day. I think we are going to be squeezed to death all the way to the new contract.