2 questions for the cafe

LeddySS98

I have received different answers at work on my question so i figured I'd go straight to the horse and ask on here.

Okay 1. I am scheduled for my first vacation since I began driving, and its the week of memorial day weekend... So will I get 45hrs vacation AND 8 hrs holiday =53hrs x base pay... OR will i get the 45 hrs for vacation and lose the holiday?

Next one, I have been under the impression it's 30 months to hit top rate in pay as a full time driver. Dollar raise at 12 months, dollar at 24, and then at 30 you get the BIG one.. Today a shop steward show'd me the contract where it said we go to top rate at 24 months... Thoughts?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have received different answers at work on my question so i figured I'd go straight to the horse and ask on here.

Okay 1. I am scheduled for my first vacation since I began driving, and its the week of memorial day weekend... So will I get 45hrs vacation AND 8 hrs holiday =53hrs x base pay... OR will i get the 45 hrs for vacation and lose the holiday?

Next one, I have been under the impression it's 30 months to hit top rate in pay as a full time driver. Dollar raise at 12 months, dollar at 24, and then at 30 you get the BIG one.. Today a shop steward show'd me the contract where it said we go to top rate at 24 months... Thoughts?
the last contract was 30 months. I am on that progression until the money part of our new contract goes into effect in Aug/Sept (whichever it is). I am unclear as to the how's and why's of switching progression's from one contract to the next. If your steward can't answer clearly then talk to your BA.

Johney

Yes you get the extra pay for taking vaction during a holiday.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Old contract: 30 month top rate full-time driver, 24 month inside or inside/outside
New Contract: 36 month top rate full-time driver, 36 month inside, 24 month inside/outside

DS

Fenderbender

Okay 1. I am scheduled for my first vacation since I began driving, and its the week of memorial day weekend... So will I get 40 hrs vacation AND 8 hrs holiday =48hrs x base pay... OR will i get the 45 hrs for vacation and lose the holiday? NO

Next one, I have been under the impression it's 30 months to hit top rate in pay as a full time driver. Dollar raise at 12 months, dollar at 24, and then at 30 you get the BIG one.. Today a shop steward show'd me the contract where it said we go to top rate at 24 months... Thoughts?NO
at least in my lake

LeddySS98

DS - The 45 hr for a vacation week was not a typo or bad math on my part, thats what we get here.

Whats the difference between a friend/T driver and a inside/outside?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

45 hrs plus the holiday at your base pay rate

Make sure you tell them that you want the holiday pay and not a day off at a later time mutually agreed upon by you and mgt team.

I am unsure but have heard that the progression is now 36 months

IDoLessWorkThanMost

DS - The 45 hr for a vacation week was not a typo or bad math on my part, thats what we get here.

Whats the difference between a friend/T driver and a inside/outside?

There's different pay scales for different jobs.

Full-time driver is one of the highest top rates. 3 year progression.

Inside/inside is one top inside rate for all 8 hours. 3 year progression under 2008 contract, moved up from 2 years in 2002/1997 contract.

Inside/outside are 2 rates for 8 hours. (for example) preload/air driver. One rate at a estimated part-time rate for inside work (based on your # of years worked), and one rate for outside work ( full-time air driver rate). progression is 2 years.

BigBrownSanta

Where I am, you get 45 hours of vacation plus holiday pay for the holidays.

That's 45 + 16 hours during New Years week.
--------
I believe if you started progression before the ratification of the new contract, your progression will be dictated by the old contract.

If you started progression after the ratification of the new contract, then the new contract language will apply.

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone hired full-time (driving) before August 1 of this year is/will be under the 30 month progression. Anyone hired after that will be under the new contract and the 36 month progression. If you (Leddyss98) were a qualified part-time cover driver before going full-time you will remain at the cover driver pay rate (85% of top driver pay) but recieve the August 1 and Feb. 1 rasies each year until you reach the end of your 30 month progression. Then you'll get that difference in pay and make the same as other topped out full-timers. I was recently hired full-time and have presented these questions to our stewards too.

Anytime you have a vacation and there is a holiday during that week just think of that holiday as an extra 8 hours in pay.