2 things customers do that stump me

CJinx

If writing down your address and the address you want the package to go to is being taken out of your element, then I question why they are teaching in the first place.
I see it all the time from people of all levels of education. You put them on the spot for something and they stumble. It's easy to call them stupid for it when you've intimately familiar with the process. Education is nice but it is no substitute for experience.

dezguy

I see it all the time from people of all levels of education. You put them on the spot for something and they stumble. It's easy to call them stupid for it when you've intimately familiar with the process. Education is nice but it is no substitute for experience.

If we were talking about a B13, I'd agree with you. Maybe even a CI but an AWB is literally the simplest form we have to fill out. It's pretty much fool proof with the what to write, where written under each line.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I pick up at our local college mailroom and they are probably the worst for shipping errors, especially on ASD's (our version of waybills). Friday they tried to ship out an item which they insured for $6K that was simply a box thrown in to a priority mail type envelope. They are closed when I get there (I have the key) so I left a note explaining why I couldn't/wouldn't take the pkg.