2 Weeks Notice/Sick & Personal Days

Papa Bear

I am starting a new career soon.

I am looking at when to give my two weeks notice. I have about 3 or 4 weeks before I have to be gone and although UPS has continuously not been courteous of me, my time, or my wellbeing I firmly believe it is the right thing to do to give them 2 weeks notice.

However, I have a personal day and a paid sick day left. Is there any restrictions from using those days after giving my 2 weeks? Or should I use those first, then give my two weeks?

Thank you for your responses

Babagounj

Strength through joy
After you give a 2 week notice , UPS will most likely give you the worst assignments available. Don't give any notice , use up your days and on the last day there at the end of your shift just say goodbye. In the future just list the dates that you worked here , because that is all your future employer will receive from UPS when they make an inquiry.

purehavanne

I am starting a new career soon.

I am looking at when to give my two weeks notice. I have about 3 or 4 weeks before I have to be gone and although UPS has continuously not been courteous of me, my time, or my wellbeing I firmly believe it is the right thing to do to give them 2 weeks notice.

However, I have a personal day and a paid sick day left. Is there any restrictions from using those days after giving my 2 weeks? Or should I use those first, then give my two weeks?

Thank you for your responses

After all the shady stuff UPS has done to me I would never give them 2 weeks notice. Punch out, rack up your board and block all their numbers.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Bro just use your last two days and just message your manager you quit. Find someone between now and then you can use as a reference in the future. It’s not like your next opportunity is going to call Atlanta for a ref.

Indecisi0n

Ok everyone that has post thus far is totally wrong .

This is what you do .
In the morning you tell fellow drivers your super light with air and that you can help them out by taking airs off them. Collect everyone's airs . Disconnect GPS and remove the battery from your diad (they can trace tthe did) before you leave building . Drive to a secluded area, park truck, lock keys in the back, call Uber and peace out bitches!

542thruNthru

Ok everyone that has post thus far is totally wrong .

This is what you do .
In the morning you tell fellow drivers your super light with air and that you can help them out by taking airs off them. Collect everyone's airs . Disconnect GPS and remove the battery from your diad (they can trace tthe did) before you leave building . Drive to a secluded area, park truck, lock keys in the back, call Uber and peace out bitches!

What's a tthe did

tenor-7.gif

ManInBrown

leave the center, park the truck far away from the center , call them and quit ...hitch a ride home
I have an insane story of what a driver did on his last day. Never gave any notice. Came to work knowing that was his last day. An all timer. I’m laughing typing this. I wish I could tell it.

Heavy Package

am starting a new career soon.

I am looking at when to give my two weeks notice. I have about 3 or 4 weeks before I have to be gone

Honest advice:

1. I would stay at UPS until the retro check is in the bank
2. When you give notice and have everything teed up, tell your supervisor and HR. Go to both. You need to keep your paperwork straight for taxes, etc.
3. Give 2 weeks, if you want to ask to work it out or what you would like your last day to be
4. Leave on good terms
5. Laugh once you get to your car