$200 stock price then stock split

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Regular FT supervisor positions. On road, dispatch, sorts etc... Preload and dispatch combining. So offered buy out some will be attrition...
Preload and dispatch combining, they tried that about 12 years ago, it didn't work.

I guess with the upgrade of "Orion" and "Dynamic Orion" and Rhoads no PDS will be needed....should make things really easy (please read with sarcasm).

That's correct but a split can double or triple the number of shares you have.
The price drastically drops which, I think, stimulates buying.
Then it takes forever to reach $200+ which we probably won't see again in our lifetime.
A stock split is a mental thing that makes you think you have more than you have only because you have more shares

trickpony1

Years ago, before some of you were born, I was a preloader.
I distinctly remember one night all the supes were walking around with Cheshire Cat grins.
My supe told me the stock split, I think 4 to 1. and some became millionaires.

This was also when the stock was privately held and split like rabbits.

Popeye

Years ago, before some of you were born, I was a preloader.
I distinctly remember one night all the supes were walking around with Cheshire Cat grins.
My supe told me the stock split, I think 4 to 1. and some became millionaires.

This was also when the stock was privately held and split like rabbits.
A stock split does not increase the value of the stock. Shareholders end up with more shares, but each share is worth less. The split has zero impact on the total value of their total holdings. It’s like taking the same size pizza and cutting it in 8 slices instead of 6. You end up with the same amount of pizza either way. The thinking is that the lower share price after the split makes the stock easier to purchase in blocks. The way financial markets and trading technology have evolved, this idea is pretty much obsolete.

DMW

The only advantage is perhaps if the dividend payout does not go down proportionately with the split stock price.
It always goes down the same proportion. Exp. If a $10 stock paid a 5% dividend, you would have 50 cents. If it split 1:2 before the payout, you would have 2 shyat $5. . You would get 5% ($5) =25 cents times 2 = 50 cents.. It always works out.

DMW

It always goes down the same proportion. Exp. If a $10 stock paid a 5% dividend, you would have 50 cents. If it split 1:2 before the payout, you would have 2 shyat $5. . You would get 5% ($5) =25 cents times 2 = 50 cents.. It always works out.
Also when UPS announces the dividend. Each share will drop the same amount of the dividend. UPS usually makes the adjustment on their balance sheet the day of announcement.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The only advantage is perhaps if the dividend payout does not go down proportionately with the split stock price.

Also when UPS announces the dividend. Each share will drop the same amount of the dividend. UPS usually makes the adjustment on their balance sheet the day of announcement.
No need to explain.
My comment is not what happens all the time, but an advantage.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What level positions are being eliminated in your District
This will do the work of 5 on-cars...

ezgif-2-3e94135028.gif

BNglDo.gif

DMW

No need to explain.
My comment is not what happens all the time, but an advantage.
I’m only emphasizing this so you won’t get in a higher tax situation. Known as buying the dividend. There are no exceptions the price of the stock NAV will always drop by the same amount as the dividend.