$200 stock price then stock split

YourBoss

Now being told this is the current strategy and the cuts are to obtain this. Operations is no longer the safe place. 20 fulltime operational positions in my district being eliminated.

Big MIP changes after the split.

rod

Retired 22 years
There were many management people who became instant millionaires when it split the last time. The stock split did wonders for my retirement fund but unfortunately up until just before the split hourly wasn't allowed to buy stock. Management hogged it all. I had just rolled my Thrift Plan earnings over into UPS stock when it became available.

elmo506

Now being told this is the current strategy and the cuts are to obtain this. Operations is no longer the safe place. 20 fulltime operational positions in my district being eliminated.

Big MIP changes after the split.
What level positions are being eliminated in your District

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There were many management people who became instant millionaires when it split the last time. The stock split did wonders for my retirement fund but unfortunately up until just before the split hourly wasn't allowed to buy stock. Management hogged it all. I had just rolled my Thrift Plan earnings over into UPS stock when it became available.
UPS stock has never split, sure you're not talking about when it went public?

rod

Retired 22 years
Well I remember right before they went public get split two for one.
And I do remember hearing them say once or twice at the stock had split why it was still private but we wasn't able to buy it at that time
I was involved in the split when it was still private. That is the one I was thinking of. I love it when someone tells me I'm wrong who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

rod

Retired 22 years
And I do remember hearing them say once or twice at the stock had split why it was still private but we wasn't able to buy it at that time
If I remember correct is was like 27 bucks a share and split--- then almost immediately jumped up to like $48 a share. It was BIG gains for the retirement plan.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Not saying that there was inside information, but I heard of long term managers taking out double mortgages in order to buy more stock just before it went public.

The split occurred around October 1999, it went public in a month later...still remember managers that were bragging about just becoming millionaires.

The old thrift plan I believe was eliminated prior, I don’t remember the year...

Not saying that there was inside information, but I heard of long term managers taking out double mortgages in order to buy more stock just before it went public.

The split occurred around October 1999, it went public in a month later...still remember managers that were bragging about just becoming millionaires.

The old thrift plan I believe was eliminated prior, I don’t remember the year...
Just when I was starting to make some money in the thrift plan. But I did use some of it to buy the stock

rod

Retired 22 years

I think a lot of this insider crap was going on. I don't know how legal it was but I never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it so it had to be ok--I assume.