2018-2023 Contract Books

542thruNthru

You're kidding, right?

OK, maybe not a computer, but a phone?

No not kidding. I know a few PT that don't own phones and some that only have the small prepaid flip phones.

I understand the thought to save money but to try and save it on one of the most important items in a union (the contract) just doesn't seem right to me. Especially when it may hurt some less fortunate members.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You also live in BFE Kansas where $7 an hour can pay the rent.
You also live in BFE Kansas where $7 an hour can pay the rent.

A7D4EDE5-8C5F-437F-B75E-F793B07C50E0.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Remember when you used to have the newspaper delivered to your front door?

Or go to the store and pick up the current issue of your favorite magazine?

Over 3/4 of the membership will probably never even open the book once it is printed and passed out. They use our money to print those books.

What a waste of money.

This is the digital age and every Supplement is available digitally and can be downloaded to your PC, tablet or phone.

I agree with your statement. I do fear digital copies for one reason, the ability for someone or group to possibly alter them for their own benefit. A hard copy provides unequivocal proof.

542thruNthru

Don't mind the digital download, but a hardcopy would look very nice in my magazine rack next to the toilet

Trust me a hard copy and a note pad together anytime you're in the office puts a manager on edge.

Try it sometimes and watch how quickly they ask "uh... what's the note pad for.... what are you writing down?"

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Trust me a hard copy and a note pad together anytime you're in the office puts a manager on edge.

Try it sometimes and watch how quickly they ask "uh... what's the note pad for.... what are you writing down?"

I agree.

And I think all Stewards should get the nice spiral bound book. And anyone else who wants one should receive a regular copy

But, of the 200,000 plus copies being printed, I'll bet that 175,000 of those will never be opened.

Somewhat of a waste, but it will probably never change.

542thruNthru

Is it far fetched? Maybe. But is it impossible to imagine a line or two of text being “bought” by a company that profits in the billions each year and a bargaining group that many have lost faith in?

Nothing is ever impossible that's for sure.
I agree.

And I think all Stewards should get the nice spiral bound book. And anyone else who wants one should receive a regular copy

But, of the 200,000 plus copies being printed, I'll bet that 175,000 of those will never be opened.

Somewhat of a waste, but it will probably never change.

My steward has about 10 copies spiraled and first few pages on front and back laminated. Each contract he gives them to people that he knows will use them.

It's very helpful.

Last edited: