Seniority Part Timers Employees Got Screwed Again on Tentative contract!!!

BobJ

No real raise going on 3 consecutive contracts. Inflation has taken everything. That’s why people are crying. Unbelievable
23% raise after an 8% inflation is a significant raise.

Also, any inflation rate above 3% is already built into previous (and current) contracts. We've just been riding on low inflation rates for a couple decades.

Also, any inflation rate above 3% is already built into previous (and current) contracts. We've just been riding on low inflation rates for a couple decades.
With the exception of the cola raises
The full-timers did not get a 2% raise this contract

You're right, of course.

I just find it interesting that it's the part-timers who are screaming to vote no. And they're getting the significantly higher %raise.
All they are finally getting a decent raise

What they choose to do with it is up to them but they have been behind for a number of decades

BeachBoy

I’ve been on MRA for a long time now so it only shows that
I spoke with a rep from my local and asked how MRA's would be affected. He told me that according to SOB, MRA rates would be frozen and our contractual raises applied on top of them.
The wage calculator they rolled out seems to confirm this.

I spoke with a rep from my local and asked how MRA's would be affected. He told me that according to SOB, MRA rates would be frozen and our contractual raises applied on top of them.
And allegedly that will now be the contractual wage for those employees. So if that building stopped paying MRAs no current employees at the time of ratification would ever lose money.

Allegedly.

DriverNerd

The issue is there is nothing in the contract that says this. Even if UPS does give the raises on top of the MRA, what's to keep them from taking the MRA away in the future. I keep hearing about the "agreement" between UPS and the Teamsters over the MRA situation, but have seen nothing. If it isn't in the contract I'm not sure how you can believe it's going to happen.

The issue is there is nothing in the contract that says this. Even if UPS does give the raises on top of the MRA, what's to keep them from taking the MRA away in the future. I keep hearing about the "agreement" between UPS and the Teamsters over the MRA situation, but have seen nothing. If it isn't in the contract I'm not sure how you can believe it's going to happen.
Well everything else has seemed to be on the up-and-up...what could possibly go wrong with this????

joker-laugh.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
UPS agreed to keep the MRAs but not willing to put it in the contract...

Did SOB make them pinky swear?
They're saying taking away the MRA post agreement would be "bargaining in bad faith".

It's a specific legal phrase that covers a lot of stuff. Make of that what you will:

sketch-1691095978434.jpg

DriverNerd

They're saying taking away the MRA post agreement would be "bargaining in bad faith".

It's a specific legal phrase that covers a lot of stuff. Make of that what you will:

View attachment 441090
I don't buy it. If they were concerned about UPS removing the MRA's they could have just included that in the contract. Given that they have given and taken away the MRA's before I don't see how it would be bad faith to remove them once again.

HarryWarden

I don't buy it. If they were concerned about UPS removing the MRA's they could have just included that in the contract. Given that they have given and taken away the MRA's before I don't see how it would be bad faith to remove them once again.
Maybe didn’t want to draw too much attention to workers who aren’t getting MRAs

100%

8% for how many years? We’ve lost 20% buying power over the last 3 years. Inflation still goin up. 3%/year equals 15% over the life of the contract. You’re in lala land.