2019 Buyout

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Gipsee, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

Got it in the mail yesterday. Election period is October 7- November 16.

Better than the last one and I already am vested somewhere else so I am taking it this time.

2. stopher819

stopher819 New Member

Got it yesterday, about the same as last time. I really want to take it and roll it over, but with a supposed recession on the horizon I'd hate to see a huge chunk of it immediately disappear. I'll probably sit on it until closer to the deadline and "hopefully" the stock market takes a dip before then so I can maximize the impact this can make.

3. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

Just about 3 years later. It increased about 10k

4. JCAR

JCAR New Member

So I was suppose to receive it in the mail a few days ago according to USPS Informed Delivery but I did not get it yet. Does anyone know what the value of the buyout is for a former 7 year management employee? Just curious as this would be the first time I get an offer.

5. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

it depends on what your salary was...I left in 2005 with 5 years management...my first value was 23k this time it’s 33k

6. JCAR

JCAR New Member

Thanks Gipsee for that information. I appreciate it. I'm still waiting for that piece of mail. Figures USPS would loose a letter from UPS.

7. Couldn't believe it. My 2019 offer is 2x the 2018 offer. See ya!

8. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

Is this recent buyout for active employees or for employees that left prior to normal retirement age?

9. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

So what did you do after UPS?

I know you do not miss it but just curious to see what you did after UPS.

If you don't mind posting it.

10. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

Employees that left and were in the old pension plan.

11. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

I'm an analyst/programmer. I did IT forensics for 6 years and now I do a little more analysis and develop dashboards

12. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

I was wondering why it increased but not complaining. I have a good retirement package where I am so this is just free money.

13. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

Done.

Attached Files:

14. JCAR

JCAR New Member

So after calling a bunch of numbers I finally reach the buyout department and receive the information I needed regarding the buyout. If anyone needs the number its 855-216-8048. You'll need to verify your identity. The lady walked me through the website and I found a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. Might consider it, I have some time to think on it before the deadline. Good luck to all.

15. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

If that is your real name, it is best to change it

16. Shecoope

Shecoope Active Member

Did anyone complete the pension buyout before saturdays deadline

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

I would think quite a few people did.

18. bowhnterdon

bowhnterdon Active Member

You won’t find any,any, real answers here....strictly for entertainment only..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Mellow

Mellow New Member

I took the cash. I am retired from the federal government with a good pension. The offer was approx. $48000 lump sum or monthly payment now of approx. $290 or at age 65 $312. I am 63. I was a pt clerk for 11 1/2 yrs. After taxes how many years would it take for 312 a month to turn into 48000. My home gets a new roof and windows. Everyone situation is different.

20. Shecoope

Shecoope Active Member

Did they say when you would get yours and are you getting direct deposit