2019 Buyout

Gipsee

Got it in the mail yesterday. Election period is October 7- November 16.

Better than the last one and I already am vested somewhere else so I am taking it this time.

Got it yesterday, about the same as last time. I really want to take it and roll it over, but with a supposed recession on the horizon I'd hate to see a huge chunk of it immediately disappear. I'll probably sit on it until closer to the deadline and "hopefully" the stock market takes a dip before then so I can maximize the impact this can make.

JCAR

So I was suppose to receive it in the mail a few days ago according to USPS Informed Delivery but I did not get it yet. Does anyone know what the value of the buyout is for a former 7 year management employee? Just curious as this would be the first time I get an offer.

Gipsee

So I was suppose to receive it in the mail a few days ago according to USPS Informed Delivery but I did not get it yet. Does anyone know what the value of the buyout is for a former 7 year management employee? Just curious as this would be the first time I get an offer.

it depends on what your salary was...I left in 2005 with 5 years management...my first value was 23k this time it’s 33k

JCAR

it depends on what your salary was...I left in 2005 with 5 years management...my first value was 23k this time it’s 33k
Thanks Gipsee for that information. I appreciate it. I'm still waiting for that piece of mail. Figures USPS would loose a letter from UPS.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

So what did you do after UPS?

I know you do not miss it but just curious to see what you did after UPS.

If you don't mind posting it.

Gipsee

So what did you do after UPS?

I know you do not miss it but just curious to see what you did after UPS.

If you don't mind posting it.

I'm an analyst/programmer. I did IT forensics for 6 years and now I do a little more analysis and develop dashboards

Gipsee

Done.

Attachments

• UPS Special Pension Payment Offer.png
    UPS Special Pension Payment Offer.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 600

JCAR

So after calling a bunch of numbers I finally reach the buyout department and receive the information I needed regarding the buyout. If anyone needs the number its 855-216-8048. You'll need to verify your identity. The lady walked me through the website and I found a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. Might consider it, I have some time to think on it before the deadline. Good luck to all.

Mellow

I took the cash. I am retired from the federal government with a good pension. The offer was approx. $48000 lump sum or monthly payment now of approx. $290 or at age 65 $312. I am 63. I was a pt clerk for 11 1/2 yrs. After taxes how many years would it take for 312 a month to turn into 48000. My home gets a new roof and windows. Everyone situation is different.

Shecoope

I took the cash. I am retired from the federal government with a good pension. The offer was approx. $48000 lump sum or monthly payment now of approx. $290 or at age 65 $312. I am 63. I was a pt clerk for 11 1/2 yrs. After taxes how many years would it take for 312 a month to turn into 48000. My home gets a new roof and windows. Everyone situation is different.
Did they say when you would get yours and are you getting direct deposit