2020 Election

newfie

Liquidate your obligation into your 401K? So you're saying that you're willing to pay help Social Security's total benefit obligations out of your 401K.? Might work IF EVERYBODY worked for a company that had a 401K AND it MAINTAINED it's contribution to it which as we saw in the last recession some didn't do . In addition would both the employer and employee both CONTRIBUTE ENOUGH and the plan EARNS ENOUGH to generate a payout LARGE ENOUGH?

And then again what is your solution for Medicare? FICA taxes support both.

No brain dead let ss liquidate into my 401 k . Jeez

newfie

According to the College Board the average cost to attend a private university $52,500 per year. And you say that your taxes alone are enough to pay for that as well as pay for any other kid you might have as well as pay for their K-12 ? LMAO.

The market adjusts to the conditions. Tuition costs are inflated due to universities being thu subsidized. Colleges are under no pressure to manage their costs under the current system.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sure, a publicly supported community college. I'm talking about a strictly private 4 year university that receives zero public support.
So explain to me why my tax money should be used to forgive hundreds of billions of dollars for losers who overpaid for their education.

bacha29

One time charge for long term health. Current system has no bottom.
Right as in 2 trillion dollars and this estimate was the one set forth at the time of the proposed privatization of SS by Bush in 2005 and in the years since that estimate has been moved up to as high as 10.4 trillion to cover the huge benefit gap. The proposal lost the support of Bush's own party when it was faced with the prospect of heavy borrowing to close the gap. Looking today at an end of the current fiscal year deficit of 960 billion and a projected 1 trillion dollar deficit next year there's little support for privatization on the horizon or talk of a plan as radical as the one proposed in 2005.

In addition Bud, right now the 2020 election rides entirely on Trump's ability to reach a deal with the Chinese, one that is enforceable and creates the benefits for the US he said it will produce. If he doesn't have that deal and the benefits begin to be seen by the American public in the next 8-10 months he will almost certainly have a much harder time getting the nomination let alone getting reelected.

bacha29

The market adjusts to the conditions. Tuition costs are inflated due to universities being thu subsidized. Colleges are under no pressure to manage their costs under the current system.
Subsidized by means of public support and private tax deductible gifts and donations. Take all that away and you'll see far fewer kids with the money to attend college and far fewer admissions due to downsized operations and capacities.

bacha29

So explain to me why my tax money should be used to forgive hundreds of billions of dollars for losers who overpaid for their education.
Forgiveness of student loan debt must be accompanied by a certain qualifying criteria. It should also bring into focus the question of whether the loans were incurred by individuals who lacked the raw intelligence needed to pass college level courses in the first place.