2020 MIP

Fenris

Actually, the vesting of RSU's was changed to one year, but the LAPSE schedule is still 20% for five years. So for $1000 RSU's you would wait 1 year (100% vested, 20% lapsed), year 2 (20% lapsed), year 3...... . If you retire, all your RSU's vest immediately but lapse as per the normal schedule. Ridiculous, but true.
That isn't correct. You receive all RSUs the following year for the 2018 MIP (received 2019) and after. Prior years were not impacted by the change. We still have 'old' RSUs pending from 2 of those years.

DaveA

That isn't correct. You receive all RSUs the following year for the 2018 MIP (received 2019) and after. Prior years were not impacted by the change. We still have 'old' RSUs pending from 2 of those years.

Yup, this is the correct information.

FYI all UPSers with pending shares can login to Merrill Lynch and see what they have and when it will vest and be released to Computershare, at which point you could convert and sell it if you so choose. Be mindful of short term capital gains tax if you sell after that first year.

This vesting and lapsing confuses the hell out of me. In Merrill Lynch it shows that my entire MIP stock award from last year will lapse on 3/5/22. So does that mean I still only get 20% this year and the rest split up over the following years? What does "lapse" mean exactly? How would I tell when I'll actually receive any shares in my Computershare account and how much of my lapsed stock will I receive? All it shows is that all shares from last year will lapse on 3/5. So damn confusing. Thanks for any help.

CHEMA-DELMA

This vesting and lapsing confuses the hell out of me. In Merrill Lynch it shows that my entire MIP stock award from last year will lapse on 3/5/22. So does that mean I still only get 20% this year and the rest split up over the following years? What does "lapse" mean exactly? How would I tell when I'll actually receive any shares in my Computershare account and how much of my lapsed stock will I receive? All it shows is that all shares from last year will lapse on 3/5. So damn confusing. Thanks for any help.
I have 1 more year headed my way, I have always received them in Jan. But I am told the it changed again. Never understood why except they held onto my $$ for a 5 year payout. Does anyone know the drop date by chance?
Thanks in advance.

Fenris

RSUs that were received 2018 and before and were spread over 5 years lapse in January. RSUs that were received after that and are received the following year lapse in March. Lapsing means that the RSU period is over and they are converting to class A shares in your account. I don't have the exact time frame but it takes in the neighborhood of 2+ weeks before the lapsed share show in Computershare. QuickBrownFox, you will get all of your share from last year, less what is used / withheld that the government extorts (taxes).

CHEMA-DELMA

RSUs that were received 2018 and before and were spread over 5 years lapse in January. RSUs that were received after that and are received the following year lapse in March. Lapsing means that the RSU period is over and they are converting to class A shares in your account. I don't have the exact time frame but it takes in the neighborhood of 2+ weeks before the lapsed share show in Computershare. QuickBrownFox, you will get all of your share from last year, less what is used / withheld that the government extorts (taxes).
Thank you