2023 contract

FatHead

I have no idea how it works where you are but here we have a yearly pick, Pkg Drivers going into feeders in the middle of a bid do not bump. They cover and take what’s available. No different than if a feed driver wanted to disqualify himself and go back to package and there was a route available he could bid on it, and he would get it before another regular package car driver who had been driving package car for the last five years, your seniority should carry throughout the company. Watering it down helps the company. If the company eliminates the top drivers job, there is a continuous bump through all 500+ feeder drivers.
Yearly bids for feeders here, package drivers keep their route for life but if one retires/ quits etc it goes up for bid to the employee with the most seniority. Your pay and benefits seniority sure, but you won't understand until you experience it. Talking about what's good for the company is odd speak unless you're a supe.I have never heard one upser talk about the good of the company. Saving money on a street hire with experience instead of a salty package driver sounds like a good fit the company topic but that's already been hashed out in the contract. All I know and have seen is that in my feeder department drivers are getting fed up with the transfers and a few are getting spicy at the meetings. Doesn't help that our business agent is a former package driver either causing a conflict of interest. Rant over nothing more I can or have said that hasn't been said before.

Thebrownblob

Yearly bids for feeders here, package drivers keep their route for life but if one retires/ quits etc it goes up for bid to the employee with the most seniority. Your pay and benefits seniority sure, but you won't understand until you experience it. Talking about what's good for the company is odd speak unless you're a supe.I have never heard one upser talk about the good of the company. Saving money on a street hire with experience instead of a salty package driver sounds like a good fit the company topic but that's already been hashed out in the contract. All I know and have seen is that in my feeder department drivers are getting fed up with the transfers and a few are getting spicy at the meetings. Doesn't help that our business agent is a former package driver either causing a conflict of interest. Rant over nothing more I can or have said that hasn't been said before.
Reread my statement, I said it helps the company to have seniority split up why would anyone want to do that? We had a big meeting about splitting up seniority and it was Resoundly rejected. We have one of the strongest riders in the nation for feeder drivers where I am. having said that if they do it differently where you are they should probably keep it as close as possible to the way it is to make it fair. Rant off

FatHead

Reread my statement, I said it helps the company to have seniority split up why would anyone want to do that? We had a big meeting about splitting up seniority and it was Resoundly rejected. We have one of the strongest riders in the nation for feeder drivers where I am. having said that if they do it differently where you are they should probably keep it as close as possible to the way it is to make it fair. Rant off
I see what your saying, rejected by employees from all departments? The way I see it it only matters to feeders, what's to stop them from striking to get their way? Doubt they would, at least at my local, Chicago feeders have it their way but that's a different animal.

Thebrownblob

I see what your saying, rejected by employees from all departments? The way I see it it only matters to feeders, what's to stop them from striking to get their way? Doubt they would, at least at my local, Chicago feeders have it their way but that's a different animal.
Rejected by the feeder Union employees.The only people that wanted seniority to be split up that way where some off the street. Which is a small minority, most of the guys who spent time in package car did not want their package car counterparts seniority Water down. Strike against who the union? It’s a Union approve rule. We have a special rider for that exact reason. We do not have to negotiate with the company for that rider as long as we don’t change anything on it. The company hates one seniority list, and unlimited bumps.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

1654123225737.jpeg