2023 contract

MostHelpNeeded

Two shifts
Choose your poison

A) Saturday Sunday Monday
B) Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

(Each weekday counts as 10 hours, weekends 15 each for sick day, etc )

Pay is guaranteed 40 hour calculation
Overtime at 1 and 1/2 hourly rate for all time over 8 hours per day

Routes bid as they are now, just two drivers for each route.

What say you?
Or maybe
A) Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
B) Friday Saturday Sunday

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Two shifts
Choose your poison

A) Saturday Sunday Monday
B) Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

(Each weekday counts as 10 hours, weekends 15 each for sick day, etc )

Pay is guaranteed 40 hour calculation
Overtime at 1 and 1/2 hourly rate for all time over 8 hours per day

Routes bid as they are now, just two drivers for each route.

What say you?

The company is going to want the hours they are paying for. I can go for a 4 day ten hours/day week. The three day week might be neat, but you'd be looking at 14 hour days to get to 40. Maybe if they set the days so there can be overlapping on days that tend to be heavier. So half the 3 day guys would work Friday, and the other half could work Tuesday to get to a four day week for them

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1655471172378.png

nWo

They probably have success with $100 gift cards here. Seems like a better strategy than threatening to fire people for refusing to work their scheduled day off.

FromOffTheStreets

I could see a Saturday-Monday shift & a Tuesday-Friday shift all 10 hour routes with the sat-mon having to fill in 1 day on the tues-fri shift.

Ups cuts 22.4 & moves everyone to rpcd, but in exchange ups only pays straight 40 with no overtime.

Not sure how they're getting the air back every night though.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I could see a Saturday-Monday shift & a Tuesday-Friday shift all 10 hour routes with the sat-mon having to fill in 1 day on the tues-fri shift.

Ups cuts 22.4 & moves everyone to rpcd, but in exchange ups only pays straight 40 with no overtime.

Not sure how they're getting the air back every night though.
No O.T. ? Never happen.

22.34life

After all the b.s from covid I would like language that specifically addresses break room areas,like providing break room tables.in the plandemic our break room tables were taken out giving us no place to sit or eat,for social distancing even though you go out and work side by side with same people.we still have only half our tables back that are spaced 6 feet apart.all that does is make people double up tables.lunacy