2023 contract

AKCoverMan

I guess I would rather not go into negotiations hoping that they fail. While we do make good money and have good benefits the fact is we are still delivering record volumes, record revenue, and record profit. Sure that will mean bonuses for the managers….great, I sure don’t want their job!! But the money is there to continue increases for us, to pay pension on ALL hours worked, and to hire enough drivers and buy enough vehicles that we can more often legitimately work closer to a 40 hour week.

Believe me, if the company doesn’t want to play ball…well I may prefer an optimistic approach but I have no plans on rolling over. We brought in the bacon baby!

I guess I would rather not go into negotiations hoping that they fail. While we do make good money and have good benefits the fact is we are still delivering record volumes, record revenue, and record profit. Sure that will mean bonuses for the managers….great, I sure don’t want their job!! But the money is there to continue increases for us, to pay pension on ALL hours worked, and to hire enough drivers and buy enough vehicles that we can more often legitimately work closer to a 40 hour week.

Believe me, if the company doesn’t want to play ball…well I may prefer an optimistic approach but I have no plans on rolling over. We brought in the bacon baby!
And all the ups contracts are for the same time
Package, mechanics, and pilots

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This contract we're working on it now is probably the worst one we ever had
Still realize in a contract of 1997 when was making about half of what was making now we got a $3.10 raise over 5 years and his current contract we got $4.15 over 5 years
Plus the two tier wage system.
Thanks Hoffa for setting us back in the Stone age
Did you get your “special edition “ teamsters magazine all about Hoffa and all of his pics holding the bullhorn, pics of him giving the thumbs up and pics of him with his arms around the teamster ladies…??

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

I guess I’d rather look at it that we are damn glad we we’re to keep working last couple of years, making more money than either of us ever have in our lives. It will serve us well down the road. And I am really not upset in the least that the company we operate was insanely profitable during that time.

For far too many people over the last two years, they were lucky to have any income at all and the businesses they worked at ceased to exist. UPS prospered, and frankly UPSers did too…even if we worked too damn much! Now it’s time to recognize the ones who delivered the record results. Game on!

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I guess I’d rather look at it that we are damn glad we we’re to keep working last couple of years, making more money than either of us ever have in our lives. It will serve us well down the road. And I am really not upset in the least that the company we operate was insanely profitable during that time.

For far too many people over the last two years, they were lucky to have any income at all and the businesses they worked at ceased to exist. UPS prospered, and frankly UPSers did too…even if we worked too damn much! Now it’s time to recognize the ones who delivered the record results. Game on!

The wage isn’t enough to pay your gas lol

AKCoverMan

Nothing, other places got hero pay. We did all the hard work so they can look good. Why I hate management.
I kept making my $120k a year plus a pension plus 100% premium paid for health care plan. I’m ok without ”hero pay” just glad I didn’t have to deal with unemployment office. Also don’t begrudge people like grocery store workers who did get “hero pay” still not close to what we make.

I kept making my $120k a year plus a pension plus 100% premium paid for health care plan. I’m ok without ”hero pay” just glad I didn’t have to deal with unemployment office. Also don’t begrudge people like grocery store workers who did get “hero pay” still not close to what we make.
What about our supervisors we got hero pay, the ones that stayed home like a bunch of vaginas.
Enough is enough

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

Yeah I mean it’s a reminder the job security, but be nice to show some appreciation to the workers. Not some manager who sits in an office.

AKCoverMan

What about our supervisors we got hero pay, the ones that stayed home like a bunch of vaginas.
Enough is enough
none of our management worked from home,,, having said that I don’t really care if they did. I used to have a desk job in management at another company i now much prefer operating the business at least my little corner of it.

All i‘m saying is the last two years were rough but I was paid well for every hour…while many Americsns lost jobs, lost businesses, etc. I worked more than I wanted to, but saw it through and so did many other members.

I agree with you on this: we need some big wins on this contract. We kept UPS running. We delivered records.

none of our management worked from home,,, having said that I don’t really care if they did. I used to have a desk job in management at another company i now much prefer operating the business at least my little corner of it.

All i‘m saying is the last two years were rough but I was paid well for every hour…while many Americsns lost jobs, lost businesses, etc. I worked more than I wanted to, but saw it through and so did many other members.

I agree with you on this: we need some big wins on this contract. We kept UPS running. We delivered records.
Billy good thing about the pandemic was that I'd have to see any supervisors

AKCoverMan

Yeah I mean it’s a reminder the job security, but be nice to show some appreciation to the workers. Not some manager who sits in an office.
Fair enough,,, contract time is here. Don’t need hero pay or bonuses,,, but pay every damn hour of pension contribution quit playing games with 9.5 just pay up, hourly Increases that keep up with inflation for drivers, PTs minimum $20/hr. The money is there…..Teamsters delivered it.

We don’t need to get angry, we just need what’s right.