2023 contract

Thebrownblob

I think this should be one of the top requirements. 9.5 is a joke. We need 8.5
It seems like “most” guys and gals are not nearly as worried about the hours but about the type of work they’re doing. Most of that continual 9.5 filers Who eventually moved to feeders enjoy working 10 to 12 hours, few complaints. Unreasonable dispatch, and package size has made staying in package car pretty difficult for 30 years moving forward.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
There's a big difference in pension plans across the country. Certain areas not even have retiree healthcare, that's a lot of money if he had to pay it out of your own pocket

I don’t know if recent pension bailout will help with the pension disparities. Both the Union, UPS and the contributing companies lobbied heavy to get it passed, UPS is really off the hook once the monies are exchanged which is happening in July last I heard.

It would be great if all our pension plans paid the same for the same amount of service. That 2008 agreement with the new IBT/UPS was a rush job because both parties were looking at paying severe penalties associated with their critical status pension trust(s). They left a lot of members behind with the master language associated with the buy out. Of course the 2008 market crash did not help much.

There has been some real dirty dealings over our pension benefits over the years. Leadership playing games and politics. I do not know how the O’Brien team is going to handle correcting those issues, maybe stronger language with the Master that would provide increases to every member no matter were they are at .

PT Car Washer

You mean your OLady let’s you know when you can retire

I stand by my statement you spend 30 years on a package car you’re done
I’am not talking about some
pusillanimous pt car washer that runs a few misloads
I was speaking of retirement in general. Financial needs should be the least worry for a FT Union member with 30 years in. Of course we know that is not always true. I would think 30 years would mean most are in their mid 50's. For most the prime of life. Should have their own gravy route by then with 7 weeks vacation plus Holidays Monday thru Friday and some days off when wanted making a $100k/yr. An awful lot to give up if you still have your health.

I don’t know if recent pension bailout will help with the pension disparities. Both the Union, UPS and the contributing companies lobbied heavy to get it passed, UPS is really off the hook once the monies are exchanged which is happening in July last I heard.

It would be great if all our pension plans paid the same for the same amount of service. That 2008 agreement with the new IBT/UPS was a rush job because both parties were looking at paying severe penalties associated with their critical status pension trust(s). They left a lot of members behind with the master language associated with the buy out. Of course the 2008 market crash did not help much.

There has been some real dirty dealings over our pension benefits over the years. Leadership playing games and politics. I do not know how the O’Brien team is going to handle correcting those issues, maybe stronger language with the Master that would provide increases to every member no matter were they are at .
Probably the only honest way they can fix it for the future is to add a matching 401k on top of the pension plan.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Probably the only honest way they can fix it for the future is to add a matching 401k on top of the pension plan.

Article 34 (Master) does provide annual monetary increases, that is why the Western Conference is doing so well. I am not sure about the rest of the nation but in the Central and Southern we are not getting the same monetary contributions because we are in a defined pension trust. The only improvements will have to be done through negotiations, everybody can agree that our negotiating committees have failed big time to include those left behind.

I fully expect that the part timers pension plan for those under the Company controlled (UPS Pension Plan) will be in the chopping block. The Company will replace it with a matched portable matched 401k which really makes sense considering that these new part timers will never stay pass 5 years to become vested.

Article 34 (Master) does provide annual monetary increases, that is why the Western Conference is doing so well. I am not sure about the rest of the nation but in the Central and Southern we are not getting the same monetary contributions because we are in a defined pension trust. The only improvements will have to be done through negotiations, everybody can agree that our negotiating committees have failed big time to include those left behind.

I fully expect that the part timers pension plan for those under the Company controlled (UPS Pension Plan) will be in the chopping block. The Company will replace it with a matched portable matched 401k which really makes sense considering that these new part timers will never stay pass 5 years to become vested.
I agree with you on some of that but...
There are too many multi-employer plans and that's one of the biggest problems. No matter how much the company increases what they put into the plan the UPS members are not going to get the full benefit of it

Forest of part-time pension the company likes those people leaving before 5 years, that's less money they got to put into the fund.

Thebrownblob

I agree with you on some of that but...
There are too many multi-employer plans and that's one of the biggest problems. No matter how much the company increases what they put into the plan the UPS members are not going to get the full benefit of it

Forest of part-time pension the company likes those people leaving before 5 years, that's less money they got to put into the fund.
I’m still skeptical that the American rescue plan “pension fix” will be what most thought it would be, still difficult to find many details.

Staydryitsraining

We need a contract like we got in 1997
Well supposedly the man himself has put out a notice to
It seems like “most” guys and gals are not nearly as worried about the hours but about the type of work they’re doing. Most of that continual 9.5 filers Who eventually moved to feeders enjoy working 10 to 12 hours, few complaints. Unreasonable dispatch, and package size has made staying in package car pretty difficult for 30 years moving forward.
Well I'd like to be a biased optimist and say more people would rather be home everyday by 630pm then being a weekend warrior.

Thebrownblob

Well supposedly the man himself has put out a notice to

Well I'd like to be a biased optimist and say more people would rather be home everyday by 630pm then being a weekend warrior.
You would think most would want to be home, but of course feeders is a 24/7 operation so 6:30 PM is not always possible. Several of the drivers who used to be in package constantly upset about working more than even eight hours a day, have now turned into hours whores in feeders. They work 10 to 12 hours every day, and ask for extra work.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

2. Strong language against forced 6 punches and 9.5 violations -- whether directly or indirectly, e.g., as others have suggested, via pension payments for all hours worked, rather than the first 40, to discourage excessive OT.
This!! Pay into pension all year,..I hit 2080 hours in early November. Also, how about eliminate the grievance part of 9.5? No argument just pay the triple time on current paycheck. Nothing says “I’m sorry” like triple time pay plus pension contribution.