20D Paygrade?

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Too much depends on what area you live in. "East Coast" has at least 3 different cost ratings. If it's north-east....most likely what mvol50 stated. Mid-Atlantic area....drop about 8-10k off of that figure. Further south...a couple 1000 more. Except for some spots. It's a crap-shoot and there really isn't much of a 'standard'. This is why we are discouraged from talking about our salaries.

Long story short...anywhere from low 50's to mid-high 60's (starting pay, not including MIP).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is why we are discouraged from talking about our salaries.
I disagree.
They don't want anybody talking about salaries because they know knowledge equals power.
Everybody is pretty much paid the same anyway within a classification.
Another reason for the large number of new pay bands.

JustAnotherSup

The salary has been stagnant or reduced since 2014? Interesting.

While I can't comment on the 20D salary band in the Northeast area at all... It is not uncommon for companies that have a salary reference grade and then defines areas based on a number of factors that represent cost to keep things stagnant for some or all bands in an area. For companies that will share "target value" information, or other benchmarks with respect to a band, with employees (which is nearly every company with such a structure), actual reductions are not common, however.

In some cases, stagnation (or near-stagnation) is an intentional strategy to control cost and/or realign compensation with a specific (lower) target in mind.

In other cases, it's just a case of internal politics making it a generally unfavorable and/or very difficult thing to adjust upwards. In this case, no wise career-focused employee would want to adjust the pay band in terms of an increase until the negative effects of not addressing the stagnation tip the political calculation in favor of taking action.

DieHardUPSER

Thanks, so basically it hasn't changed from 2014 at all.
It has changed since 2014, the bands have increased 2 out of the last 3 years. It also depends on what part of the company your work for (operations, IT, Corp, BD etc..). Further, it depends if you are being promoted, taking a lateral from another 20 band position or hired off the street and your current salary may have an impact if it is high enough.

MzTeaze

It has changed since 2014, the bands have increased 2 out of the last 3 years. It also depends on what part of the company your work for (operations, IT, Corp, BD etc..). Further, it depends if you are being promoted, taking a lateral from another 20 band position or hired off the street and your current salary may have an impact if it is high enough.

For me, it would be a promotion within the company. However, the pay structure is very far below industry standards for my role.