20D Paygrade?

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by YOA, Feb 24, 2014.

1. YOA

YOA New Member

Anybody know the ballpark pay grade for a SCS 20D east coast???

2. mvol50

mvol50 Active Member

65-70k

Sent using BrownCafe App

3. LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing Air Ops Pro

Too much depends on what area you live in. "East Coast" has at least 3 different cost ratings. If it's north-east....most likely what mvol50 stated. Mid-Atlantic area....drop about 8-10k off of that figure. Further south...a couple 1000 more. Except for some spots. It's a crap-shoot and there really isn't much of a 'standard'. This is why we are discouraged from talking about our salaries.

Long story short...anywhere from low 50's to mid-high 60's (starting pay, not including MIP).

4. mvol50

mvol50 Active Member

That's a fair point. In my district, that's a rough estimate of the 20D pay grade.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. Anonymous 12

Anonymous 12 Non active member

One million dollars.

6. bagpipes

bagpipes Member

Glassdoor

Sent using BrownCafe App

7. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt Obscured by Mirrors Staff Member

I disagree.
    They don't want anybody talking about salaries because they know knowledge equals power.
    Everybody is pretty much paid the same anyway within a classification.
    Another reason for the large number of new pay bands.

8. MzTeaze

MzTeaze Well-Known Member

I know this is a very old thread but does anyone know the updated numbers for Northeast region?

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

hall of Fame division down 5.9% from last year.

10. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

For 20D?

11. MzTeaze

Yes. Please :-)

12. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Mid 60s

13. UnsurePost

UnsurePost making the unreadable unreadabler

The salary has been stagnant or reduced since 2014? Interesting.

14. JustAnotherSup

JustAnotherSup New Member

While I can't comment on the 20D salary band in the Northeast area at all... It is not uncommon for companies that have a salary reference grade and then defines areas based on a number of factors that represent cost to keep things stagnant for some or all bands in an area. For companies that will share "target value" information, or other benchmarks with respect to a band, with employees (which is nearly every company with such a structure), actual reductions are not common, however.

In some cases, stagnation (or near-stagnation) is an intentional strategy to control cost and/or realign compensation with a specific (lower) target in mind.

In other cases, it's just a case of internal politics making it a generally unfavorable and/or very difficult thing to adjust upwards. In this case, no wise career-focused employee would want to adjust the pay band in terms of an increase until the negative effects of not addressing the stagnation tip the political calculation in favor of taking action.

15. MzTeaze

Thanks, so basically it hasn't changed from 2014 at all.

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Be grateful you are not a new hire PT employee whose starting pay has not changed in 35 years.

17. DieHardUPSER

DieHardUPSER Member

It has changed since 2014, the bands have increased 2 out of the last 3 years. It also depends on what part of the company your work for (operations, IT, Corp, BD etc..). Further, it depends if you are being promoted, taking a lateral from another 20 band position or hired off the street and your current salary may have an impact if it is high enough.

18. MzTeaze

For me, it would be a promotion within the company. However, the pay structure is very far below industry standards for my role.