22.3 and regular FT

breiandsi

I am currently a FT preloader. If I take a 22.3 job I will have to take a 6.00 or so pay cut. I was just wondering if after a year I can go back to regular FT and go right back to top rate? Also would I keep my FT seniority date no matter if I switch back and so on?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In this region (NE), you would be red-circled if you are part-time, and your rate is higher than 22.3. But yes, if you are FT and bid FT 22.3 you take the paycut (it's less than $6/hr here). Also, at least here, job bids are every two years and you keep your FT seniority when switching jobs.

breiandsi

I would only have to move for a year or so. Then I can go back and bid a different job other than preload. Ill have enough time then.

Sent using BrownCafe App

If money is not an issue, then why not. If you already have your retirement years in, why beat yourself up. Yeah I know. Changing jobs is always tough. For the first week anyway. Not like this is a long turn plan. Go for it.

UPSGUY72

Yes. Full time preload is very hard on the body.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Really you get 4 more hours to load 4-5 cars in the build I'm in most of the night is passing time the hard part is the last couple of hours. It a position that some old timers that don't want to grind it out bid to. There also was a guy that weighted about 400 lbs on the FT preload. He died in his sleep one weekend had a heart attack because of his weight not the work.

breiandsi

Ft preload here is 6 to 8 trucks in 8 hours. If you call that easy than you must of never done it. Its the same pay as drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

Ft preload here is 6 to 8 trucks in 8 hours. If you call that easy than you must of never done it. Its the same pay as drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

In My building FT preload is 4-5 cars. No never did FT pre load don't have enough seniority to win a bid. I have done PT preload in another building in my area where you load 4 cars in 3 - 4 hours. I guess I'll just have to stay a FT cover driver making $32 + hr until.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our FT time preloaders usually pre-preload a bunch of other trucks to make room in the bins for the regular preload shift. Or they may even help the sort a bit. Almost like a floater position until the regular preload starts.