22.3 or 22.4

I’ve been reading brown cafe post for a few months now. I finally went ahead and made an account today. I have been getting mixed answers about UPS making any new full time jobs 22.4 instead of 22.3. I was hoping to get a 22.3 inside job. I hear alot of the old timers say driving is too stressful/emotionally and physically draining. Will UPS implement 22.4 instead of making any new 22.3 full time jobs? Whenever the national contract ratifies, will the full time jobs be made right away? I would like atleast one legit answer, I see how you guys play on here .

Our PT and 22.3 air drivers are already used like 22.4 drivers except we make top rate when delivering ground packages. 10 to 12 hour days when needed with no OT protection. No lunch breaks because we are not in the driver classification. I see 22.4 jobs starting slow with a couple added each year until most air drivers are eliminated.

542thruNthru

I’ve been reading brown cafe post for a few months now. I finally went ahead and made an account today. I have been getting mixed answers about UPS making any new full time jobs 22.4 instead of 22.3. I was hoping to get a 22.3 inside job. I hear alot of the old timers say driving is too stressful/emotionally and physically draining. Will UPS implement 22.4 instead of making any new 22.3 full time jobs? Whenever the national contract ratifies, will the full time jobs be made right away? I would like atleast one legit answer, I see how you guys play on here .

Judging off this language. I believe a very very very very very very very small amount of the 5000 jobs will be 22.3s

sketch-1553796137852.png

sketch-1553796138520.png

542thruNthru

What is the fundamental difference between the 22.3 and 22.4’s.... both can have hub/ driving mix, is it just that 22.3 gets ground rate ??? Aren’t the healthcare and pension the same??

I believe 22.3s were just 2 part time jobs put together. 22.4 is a PT and a FT job put together.

Here they would be the same pension contribution.

Our PT and 22.3 air drivers are already used like 22.4 drivers except we make top rate when delivering ground packages. 10 to 12 hour days when needed with no OT protection. No lunch breaks because we are not in the driver classification. I see 22.4 jobs starting slow with a couple added each year until most air drivers are eliminated.
I hope they add a few more the second year but knowing UPS they’ll try to drag out the process unless they find a way to implement 22.4s sooner and make good money on the weekends.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lol I thought you were the OP.... @542thruNthru lmao....and yes I would expect someone from the same coast as me to know what the hells going on... better than some of those southerners or damn Yankees!!!!tired af....need to get some sleep later guys