22.3 or Package

TeltBender

Apparently my 1.5 years seniority is enough to land me a fulltime job pretty quickly. I always thought it took years to bid fulltime. He’s telling me not to even bother with 22.4 and go straight for RPCD. He’s also telling me 22.3 is a good job as well, but I’d rather not have any loading position. Is getting RPCD in 1.5 years actually realistic? and thoughts on 22.3? It’s very vague, he’s telling me they all do different things depending on the bid. Local 177

PT Car Washer

Apparently my 1.5 years seniority is enough to land me a fulltime job pretty quickly. I always thought it took years to bid fulltime. He’s telling me not to even bother with 22.4 and go straight for RPCD. He’s also telling me 22.3 is a good job as well, but I’d rather not have any loading position. Is getting RPCD in 1.5 years actually realistic? and thoughts on 22.3? It’s very vague, he’s telling me they all do different things depending on the bid. Local 177
In my building you can FT 22.4 in 30 days. No one wants the job and have to hire off the street.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Couldn’t I take the 22.4 and after 6 months bid for RPCD with FT seniority? At that point I’d rather be 22.3
There is no guarantee that there will be any RPCD openings in 6 months.
Always check to see what would happen to you if you don't complete your 30 days on car.

PT Car Washer

Couldn’t I take the 22.4 and after 6 months bid for RPCD with FT seniority? At that point I’d rather be 22.3
Has to be an opening and then goes by seniority. Take the 22.3 and then after a few years use your seniority to bid a FT route or bid into Feeders if that is an option.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Sorry buddy , bye bye Saturdays for the next 25 years ...
YOULL NEVER BE A REAL MON-FRI RPCD!!!!
🧔✊

boxerdan

Who's the 'he' in this? The timeline is different all over the place, and who the 'he' is will go along way to telling whether or not its realistic.

And yeah 22.3 is gonna be vague because it covers a lot of different combinations. In my building there are some 22.3 that don't involve loading, but most are hard-easy, ie (unloading-clerk) (loading-hazmat responder).

TeltBender

Who's the 'he' in this? The timeline is different all over the place, and who the 'he' is will go along way to telling whether or not its realistic.

And yeah 22.3 is gonna be vague because it covers a lot of different combinations. In my building there are some 22.3 that don't involve loading, but most are hard-easy, ie (unloading-clerk) (loading-hazmat responder).
Shop steward

Commercial Inside Release

Sorry 'bout that. Back in the day, it was tough to figure out which crabs were male or female. Had to flip them over, compare them to a diagram, measure their shells, and then you could keep a few, while the others had to be tossed back...

Maybe you should fill out your info.

Thebrownblob

In my building not one 22.4 has become a RPCD yet. Guessing some will be 22.4’s for 10/15 years.
Something tells me either you’re completely wrong or your local is not doing there job. We have moved multiple dozens of 22.4 to RPCD. My local keeps a tracker on the available amount of RPCDs that cannot be reduced. Are you telling me no one has retired, quit, or gone to feeders at your building in 3 years?

trotsky

I wouldn't worry about the money, both will be a 4 year progression, worry more about whether you want to work one of the two available 22.3 sorts (6pm-3am or midnight to 9am) or days in 22.4. after progression top rate is pretty close. Youll be able to bid into rpcd if you stick it out a few years